Getting Ready

Flgator_80

Flgator_80

Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2017
Lexington, Tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yea I heard that some ppl were doing that but I guess I was in different area. My 2nd time riding there. First sxs got it about a month ago.

Reactions: knuckledeep
W

Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yea I heard that some ppl were doing that but I guess I was in different area. My 2nd time riding there. First sxs got it about a month ago.
If you are on Facebook, look up west tn mud and trails
west tn mudders

Flgator_80

Flgator_80

Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2017
Lexington, Tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got large trails, got trails just barely sneak by with some creeks, power lines are fun and cool. Only been 2 times but enjoyed it. Got so muddy last time I 've pressure wash 3 times and still got mud coming out! Lol.

Flgator_80

Flgator_80

Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2017
Lexington, Tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got large trails, got trails just barely sneak by with some creeks, power lines are fun and cool. Only been 2 times but enjoyed it. Got so muddy last time I 've pressure wash 3 times and still got mud coming out! Lol.
@Westtnpioneer could prob elaborate better.

Flgator_80

Flgator_80

Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2017
Lexington, Tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I need to check natchez Trace our then. When are we going lol?
Well I'm taking mine in today because reverse is popping and grinding. Hoping it's just needed a cable adjustment as some have suggested on here. If so then maybe this weekend. Hopefully I 'll find out today. I'm heading to Arkansas next weekend for the Mullberry ride. (I think that is where it's at.)

W

Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Well I'm taking mine in today because reverse is popping and grinding. Hoping it's just needed a cable adjustment as some have suggested on here. If so then maybe this weekend. Hopefully I 'll find out today. I'm heading to Arkansas next weekend for the Mullberry ride. (I think that is where it's at.)
Mullberry Ride?

Reactions: Flgator_80
Flgator_80

Flgator_80

Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2017
Lexington, Tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mullberry Ride?
Yea got a cabin reserved just hope Bobs Honda can get it checked out quick enough. Also got to get them to order heat update and clutch if it's just an adjusment. Have you had any service work done by them? They did a good job on my accessories they installed. Just hope they aren't swamped when I take mine in.

Reactions: nbomar
W

Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
They should have the seat fix as mine has been up there for a month or so. They were going to just keep it and rotate it out as customers came in. I doubt they have the parts in stock for the clutch update. I buy everything from there, however I do all of my own work.

Flgator_80

Flgator_80

Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2017
Lexington, Tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They should have the seat fix as mine has been up there for a month or so. They were going to just keep it and rotate it out as customers came in. I doubt they have the parts in stock for the clutch update. I buy everything from there, however I do all of my own work.
Any idea about clutch adjustments? Lol I m a little hesitant to try it. Prob is not that much but my skills haven't been mechanical in the past.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You don’t adjust the clutch on the 1000. The cable you need to adjust takes about 30mins and most of that is getting the battery out and in and yelling at whatever Honda engineer who put the adjust there, so you can get to the adjustment on the gear shifter cable.

Reactions: lee
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Flgator_80 The adjustment shouldn't be too bad. Definitely take a few minutes with a flashlight to check it out. It might not be worth your time making the trip to the dealer.

Reactions: ohanacreek
Flgator_80

Flgator_80

Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2017
Lexington, Tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Okay I may tackle it today then. I'd rather not take it in. How will you know if it needs adjustment and how much to adjust. Is it tighten up a line... more or less?

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I put the instructions on your other thread.
Check your free play then decide on whether to make an adjustment or send to the dealer.
I had screen shots of it on my ipad.

Capture10

Reactions: Flgator_80
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Happy to help.
JP

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!