P1000m5 Glass windshields QUESTIONS

Dubfab

Dubfab

Sep 26, 2017
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had questions about the oem Honda glass windshield.

-what is the frame made of? Looks like metal but pictures I’ve seen are to grainy to see clearly.
-how hard is it to replace the glass? It looks like at the top middle of the glass windshield it dips down. Is this true
-should I go with Honda brand or Tusk glass windshield
-what are all of you putting on your machines? I want glass not the plastic stuff

Want to stick with Honda but if it is too much of hassle to change out the glass then I would lean to the tusk since it’s straight forward to get replacement glass replaced

Reactions: BWAF
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It’s steel a surrounding.
Super easy to swap out. I cut my roll cage down along with the windshield frame so I had 5” chopped tinted safety glass from a local glass shop made. Rolled it and replaced again.
Little over 100$ to have replaced but it’s very tough in the rubber seal, takes a lot of abuse that’s for sure. I like the Honda unit as it seals tight and easy to pull out.
Dealerships get these in broken because of poor packaging so a really good deal can be had, in fact I’d suggest doing that. I called around for one broken and that’s how I purchased mine. Saved 250$ after the new new tinted glass!

Last edited:
Reactions: danmac and Dubfab
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had questions about the oem Honda glass windshield.

-what is the frame made of? Looks like metal but pictures I’ve seen are to grainy to see clearly.
-how hard is it to replace the glass? It looks like at the top middle of the glass windshield it dips down. Is this true
-should I go with Honda brand or Tusk glass windshield
-what are all of you putting on your machines? I want glass not the plastic stuff

Want to stick with Honda but if it is too much of hassle to change out the glass then I would lean to the tusk since it’s straight forward to get replacement glass replaced

Glass and steel, looks easy , up to you, glass winter, bug buster summer

View attachment 107175

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!