Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Saw in another thread where the P5 was referred to as Glorified Rancher. Lol, just had to use that term!

Made this visor for the roof. Should protect the light bar a little more, reduce the glare on the windshield and push the rain water out past our laps when the half shield is on. ;)

Visor Front

Had considered putting lights in it, then thought it would just be more work and wiring, also thought it might look gaudy and scrapped the idea. Then @ToddH asked if I was going to add them and that put it back into my head. Then my Line X guy was busy as hell and took a while to spray it which gave me too much time to think about it and order them. :rolleyes:

Visor 1 Visor

5 brackets, 12 screws and 2 bolts hold it on. It doesn't move and pushing on it lifts the roof. Caulked the seam where it meets the gutter so it won't leak.

Visor Side

Would've cleaned it up more for picture taking but Winter's coming so it'll get a spit shine in the Spring. :cool:

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
You could have just as much fun for a 3rd of the price then.
There are always a segment of...shall we say, "elitists" in every group. Gotta have the biggest and baddest of everything. My best friend was like this growing up. I'm told it has to do with anatomy, but I don't know.

A 10mm wrench works well on 10mm bolts/nuts. Not so much on 18mm's. People choose what they think is best for them, and I don't expect one to do the what the other can. An 18mm is cool...until you come across a 10mm bolt, and vice-versa.
I'm all for giving each other s***, but you can tell that there are certain people who believe everything is 18mm.

Last edited:
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I’ll take my glorified rancher over there belt burning rubber band driven junk any day!!! Lol

All to true, but there not all belt burners.
Some of the members on this site are pretty superior too.
Just need to keep somthing in reserve in case they get too out of line.:oops:
Like this:
P500 - Soooo, I kinda caught myself on fire...

(OK, that was uncalled for but but it fit too good):D

advertisement
Lilred500

Lilred500

Keep it on the rubber side
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2019
Wv
Ownership

1. 500
Like this:

I always catch hell from the rzr people til I’m in 4wd 1st gear crawling where they blow there tires off trying to get up that usually quiets them down. Lol

Lilred500

Lilred500

Keep it on the rubber side
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2019
Wv
Ownership

1. 500
Like this:

It ain’t always about size it’s how ya use it lmao:p

Reactions: Mudder
Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Never cease to amaze @trigger!! Looks badass! Glad I could help plant the seed to get the visor lit up. :cool:

Reactions: trigger and Mudwing
SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Saw in another thread where the P5 was referred to as Glorified Rancher. Lol, just had to use that term!

Made this visor for the roof. Should protect the light bar a little more, reduce the glare on the windshield and push the rain water out past our laps when the half shield is on. ;)

View attachment 166276

Had considered putting lights in it, then thought it would just be more work and wiring, also thought it might look gaudy and scrapped the idea. Then @ToddH asked if I was going to add them and that put it back into my head. Then my Line X guy was busy as hell and took a while to spray it which gave me too much time to think about it and order them. :rolleyes:

View attachment 166277 View attachment 166278

5 brackets, 12 screws and 2 bolts hold it on. It doesn't move and pushing on it lifts the roof. Caulked the seam where it meets the gutter so it won't leak.

View attachment 166279

Would've cleaned it up more for picture taking but Winter's coming so it'll get a spit shine in the Spring. :cool:

"Visor" sounds too mundane. You should call it something catchy, like "P500 Duckbill".

Duckbill

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Like this:

Im saving that 1st pic for...special occasions...

Reactions: lee
O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks guys!...and to @oldfortyfive for giving me the idea in the first place. ;)

You're welcome...I've really liked having a big visor. Especially nice in the summer.

Reactions: trigger
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
As having a 420 Rancher in the house, glorified Rancher just puts the P500 more so in the dependability group. Both are great machines. Does the logic put the Talon in the glorified P1000 class, or the P1000 in the “wish I was a Talon” group. PS, good work again @trigger,

53E89CA5 CBDD 4AFF BE35 CE9135671A88

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I feel like they are closer relation to the Foreman aren't they? Displacement, Tire Size, etc?

At any rate I'll be the first to tell y'all had the P500 had a dump bed, it would have likely been my choice. We do work with the 1000, and I didnt have the extra coin laying around for two, that's why I went with it.

Truth be told- I'm on craigslist 2-3x a week slinking around looking for a steal on a 500. If I had a dedicated trail machine, I would lean towards it over a Talon TBH. The kind of riding we do, it would be great AND fit in a truck bed: that alone would get me out on the trails an extra time or three a year. :cool:

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also big fan of this @trigger. I do miss the little visor the RZR had.

Nice for sunset and made a nice little anchor point for the bikini top I made

Reactions: trigger and Mudder
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!