P500 Soooo, I kinda caught myself on fire...

J

JTW

So yeah.. grill blew up on me last night at brimstone. Got my hands and face. The skin on my nose fell off immediately! Really put a s***ty ending to the maiden voyage of the 17p500. Had a friend break down on night one and then another go down on day two.. Hardly did any riding and the dust was ridiculous.. My face was just icing on the cake to a terrible weekend of bad luck!

IMG 0587

R

Rustell

Wow...glad you're ok.... In a while you will look back say...."Remember when I blowed myself up" and laugh.

Reactions: JTW
Longbrake500

Longbrake500

Aug 13, 2016
Anna Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Wow.. that sucks.. Glad it wasn't worse for you.

doolin64

doolin64

Oct 16, 2014
Ouch! Speedy recovery. P500 has nothing to do with series of bad luck events

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
So yeah.. grill blew up on me last night at brimstone. Got my hands and face. The skin on my nose fell off immediately! Really put a s***ty ending to the maiden voyage of the 17p500. Had a friend break down on night one and then another go down on day two.. Hardly did any riding and the dust was ridiculous.. My face was just icing on the cake to a terrible weekend of bad luck!

View attachment 23887
How'd the grill "blow up"?

Reactions: joeymt33
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500

View attachment 23887
Have a grill blow up is like shooting a heavy recoil rifle, good chance you will flinch the next time.

Reactions: JTW and Montecresto
advertisement
Miss_Oak

Miss_Oak

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 500
Oh my goodness! If you have it, put some aloe vera on that straight from the plant. I can see there's never a dull moment in the life of jtw.

Reactions: JTW and 500oneer
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Glad your ok....
Halloween coming up
....dude
better chill for awhile

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Holy hell buddy that sucks and on the first ride to boot! Hopefully you're not in too much pain and things smooth out for next to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

JTW

How'd the grill "blow up"?
yeah, how'd this happen? teach us how to prevent that in the future!
Couple of the guys had stayed to work on the popo and had grilled earlier. We came in and didn't know.. I had thrown some potatoes on the grill but didn't leave the lid open. Starter fluid hit a hot spot and flashed. This wasn't an alcohol issue.. Just a simple dumbass moment with a charcoal grill.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Ooooh dude that looks...painful!:eek: I couldn't imagine waking every morning and having to see that in the mirror! :confused:
But seriously glad you are OK. I've done something similar with a propane grill and faulty igniter:(.
So how many miles did you put on your P5? The nice thing about having a Honda is you don't need a riding partner for fear of breaking down! Just grab a buddy, your cooler...and go;). Next ride will be better!

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Speedy recovery! U are very lucky not to get cornea burn . So , it's not a bad luck but good luck that saved u from major problems. I wear eye glasses because near sighted, they saved me from different fluids spill and fire too. Just sun glasses it's always good to wear for grill man in charge next time.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

View attachment 23887

I heard Freddy Krueger haunts the hills in a camo P5 now. :)
Glad you're ok dude.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!