P500 Soooo, I kinda caught myself on fire...

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Couple of the guys had stayed to work on the popo and had grilled earlier. We came in and didn't know.. I had thrown some potatoes on the grill but didn't leave the lid open. Starter fluid hit a hot spot and flashed. This wasn't an alcohol issue.. Just a simple dumbass moment with a charcoal grill.

....JTW.....aka BLAZE
LOOKED LIKE YOU WERE
BOBBING FOR FRENCH FRIES

Reactions: JTW and Eltobgi
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Can someone start a
thread::::::::
--------Safe way to BBQ---------

Reactions: JTW
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
J

JTW

Ooooh dude that looks...painful!:eek: I couldn't imagine waking every morning and having to see that in the mirror! :confused:
But seriously glad you are OK. I've done something similar with a propane grill and faulty igniter:(.
So how many miles did you put on your P5? The nice thing about having a Honda is you don't need a riding partner for fear of breaking down! Just grab a buddy, your cooler...and go;). Next ride will be better!
68... it was a pretty terrible trip!

J

JTW

Can someone start a
thread::::::::
--------Safe way to BBQ---------

IMG 0612

Next time I'm bringing a damn Forman grill!

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
68... it was a pretty terrible trip!
That's not too bad! Sorry to hear about the dust! But the Secret is...don't follow on dusty roads! I know.....P5 right... tell them it's not a race.
Well we will be patiently waiting for your next ride report! You set it up in better conditions & in a location of your choiceo_O
Wish I could've been there with you! I could have save your eyebrows:eek:! Jk lol.

advertisement
J

JTW

That's not too bad! Sorry to hear about the dust! But the Secret is...don't follow on dusty roads! I know.....P5 right... tell them it's not a race.
Well we will be patiently waiting for your next ride report! You set it up in better conditions & in a location of your choiceo_O
Wish I could've been there with you! I could have save your eyebrows:eek:! Jk lol.
It was 5-10 miles of dusty roads just to get to the trails.. so needless to say.. most of that 68 wasn't very good riding.

However, I'm not a complete dumbass... I'm the only one that bought a map.. which put me up front most of the trip! Lol

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
It was 5-10 miles of dusty roads just to get to the trails.. so needless to say.. most of that 68 wasn't very good riding.

However, I'm not a complete dumbass... I'm the only one that bought a map.. which put me up front most of the trip! Lol
IMG 4918
Been there! Dust is no fun! :( Trick is to stay hydrated just like your ROTM entry;)

J

JTW

At least you made it to the trail for the trip. :) It's coming along nicely for only one night of assembly
Hopefully get my roof and wheels tomorrow.. then I'll install the superatv flip windshield and start wiring electrical.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Hopefully get my roof and wheels tomorrow.. then I'll install the superatv flip windshield and start wiring electrical.
Very curious to see how you like the flip ws. Having the regular superatv full ws I wish now I would have gone that route I think. It's great in the cold, but damn it gets hot and dusty in the summer. I think I'll upgrade to that one once the one I have gets wrecked enough, which may be a while as its holding up fantastically so far.

Reactions: JTW
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 23961

Next time I'm bringing a damn Forman grill!
Grill hell you better stick to just sammiches lmao. Seriously glad you're okay, could've been alot worse. Congrats on finally getting the ride. Ain't been on here too much here lately so I'm not up on current events. Sharp looking machine!!

J

JTW

Very curious to see how you like the flip ws. Having the regular superatv full ws I wish now I would have gone that route I think. It's great in the cold, but damn it gets hot and dusty in the summer. I think I'll upgrade to that one once the one I have gets wrecked enough, which may be a while as its holding up fantastically so far.
I'll do a review on it.. but yeah, I love he idea of it.. may need some altercations to get the kinks worked out from what I've heard. But I think a lot of those issues come from the size of the bigger machines.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!