P500 Soooo, I kinda caught myself on fire...

J

JTW

Grill hell you better stick to just sammiches lmao. Seriously glad you're okay, could've been alot worse. Congrats on finally getting the ride. Ain't been on here too much here lately so I'm not up on current events. Sharp looking machine!!
Yeah.. it's COLD cuts from here on out!

Reactions: joeymt33
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Very curious to see how you like the flip ws. Having the regular superatv full ws I wish now I would have gone that route I think. It's great in the cold, but damn it gets hot and dusty in the summer. I think I'll upgrade to that one once the one I have gets wrecked enough, which may be a while as its holding up fantastically so far.
I have the full windshield on my P5 and the tilt out on my P7 and I like the full better. The tilt out rattles.

Reactions: Shadesmn
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
You should consider doing this P500 - Accessory hookup or something similar, it will make future accessory hook up , much easier !
Absolutely correct. I've got that on mine and everything I've added since has been far easier, and cheaper than going all the way back to that OEM battery for everything.

J

JTW

You should consider doing this P500 - Accessory hookup or something similar, it will make future accessory hook up , much easier !
Absolutely correct. I've got that on mine and everything I've added since has been far easier, and cheaper than going all the way back to that OEM battery for everything.
I actually ordered a fuse block two months ago.. lol.. I'm curious on the switch though. Is it necessary? I've never really felt the need for one. Also, I like the ease of jumping from the winch for your hot side of the block but would it be better to run it directly from the battery?

C

Chooglin

I actually ordered a fuse block two months ago.. lol.. I'm curious on the switch though. Is it necessary? I've never really felt the need for one. Also, I like the ease of jumping from the winch for your hot side of the block but would it be better to run it directly from the battery?
As far as the switch , it will prevent any of your accessories from draining your battery while their not in use !

Getting power from the winch contactor cable , is really no different than running another cable back to the battery.there is not a whole lot of room inside the battery box , so the fewer the cables in there, the better.

What I try to do , if I need to use my winch , is use the switch to power all accessories off , before winching !

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
I have the full windshield on my P5 and the tilt out on my P7 and I like the full better. The tilt out rattles.
Is it the same type of setup as the p500 one, tilts all the way up and horizontal almost?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Is it the same type of setup as the p500 one, tilts all the way up and horizontal almost?
No, mine only tilts out about 8" or so. The one you're referring to may be just fine and not rattle at all. Hopefully someone with the one you're speaking of will weigh in for you.

Reactions: Shadesmn
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
If by switch you're referring to the battery switch, that's only used when a dual battery setup is utilized.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chooglin
advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Good point monte , I thought maybe he was speaking of my switch !
Well, and he may be, but I wanted to clarify in case he's ordering supplies. :)

Reactions: Chooglin
J

JTW

As far as the switch , it will prevent any of your accessories from draining your battery while their not in use !

Getting power from the winch contactor cable , is really no different than running another cable back to the battery.there is not a whole lot of room inside the battery box , so the fewer the cables in there, the better.

What I try to do , if I need to use my winch , is use the switch to power all accessories off , before winching !
Your last line summed up what I was getting at..

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
How does the dual battery setup work? Why is it advantageous?
Well we've got this little 16 AH battery that Honda gave us, which may be just fine for a stock P5. But when you add rear work lights, winch, dome lite, front light bar, sound bar, and back lit switches to control all that with, I think a dual battery is prudent. I added a 36 AH deep cycle battery to mine.

C

Chooglin

Well we've got this little 16 AH battery that Honda gave us, which may be just fine for a stock P5. But when you add rear work lights, winch, dome lite, front light bar, sound bar, and back lit switches to control all that with, I think a dual battery is prudent. I added a 36 AH deep cycle battery to mine.
Being that I am only running 1 battery , is the reason for shutting down my accessories while winching. I would assume if you are running two , like yourself , shutting them down is not necessary ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JTW
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Being that I am only running 1 battery is the reason for shutting down my accessories while winching. I would asume if you are running two , like yourself , s***ting them down is not necessary ?
That's true, but also we set around a fire for extended periods drinking a few coldly pops and listening to music on that sound bar, so I didn't want to be caught out like that with a dead battery, even with a jump box in the kit.

J

JTW

That's true, but also we set around a fire for extended periods drinking a few coldly pops and listening to music on that sound bar, so I didn't want to be caught out like that with a dead battery, even with a jump box in the kit.
Where did you mount yours? How did you wire it in?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Where did you mount yours? How did you wire it in?
I have a picture of it in post 16 of the accessory hookup thread. Instructions come with the battery switch.

Reactions: JTW
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!