P500 Accessory hookup

C

Chooglin

Ordered some stuff , so I can get all my accessory wires under the hood !!
Screenshot 2016 03 15 21 38 35

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Looks like you're doing it right. I need to do this too, I can't fit one more wire on my battery!

Reactions: Chooglin
C

Chooglin

Looks like you're doing it right. I need to do this too, I can't fit one more wire on my battery!
Ya mine is filling up also , there just isn't much room inside the battery box. I want to add a light bar ,so I figured now is the time for me to do this !!!

Reactions: Tflynn
C

Chooglin

Is there any reason why I shouldn't get my power for the switch and fuse block , from the winch contactor ?

Contactor 1

Reactions: Glazer
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I thought of that too. Can't really see why you couldn't

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Is there any reason why I shouldn't get my power for the switch and fuse block , from the winch contactor ?

View attachment 12002
I suppose you could piggy back off of it, but why wouldn't you get supply from your Blue Sea box, and be properly fused?

C

Chooglin

I suppose you could piggy back off of it, but why wouldn't you get supply from your Blue Sea box, and be properly fused?
The main power needs to go to the switch and then to the fuse block, so I would just come off the contactor ,to switch then t0 the fuse block !!!

advertisement
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's is what I am going to do with mine. The only other thing I would add is a breaker or fuse from the disconnect to the fuse panel. Looks like alot of guys are using the Bussman Breakers between 60-80 amps. Just a suggestion.

Reactions: Chooglin
C

Chooglin

That's is what I am going to do with mine. The only other thing I would add is a breaker or fuse from the disconnect to the fuse panel. Looks like alot of guys are using the Bussman Breakers between 60-80 amps. Just a suggestion.
Thanks for the suggestion! !!

C

Chooglin

I have everything mounted and hooked up , now all I need to do is add a breaker !!!

This is going to make it so much easier to add accessories.............no more running wires back to the battery !!!

20160321 200714 20160321 200629

Reactions: Glazer and Eltobgi
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
I have everything mounted and hooked up , now all I need to do is add a breaker !!!

This is going to make it so much easier to add accessories.............no more running wires back to the battery !!!

View attachment 12220 View attachment 12221
That looks very nice. Very clean. So I'm guessing this question answers itself, but the switch is just so nothing draws when machine is off in place of keyed power right? Since it looks to be directly from the battery?

Last edited:
Reactions: JTW
C

Chooglin

That looks very nice. Very clean. So I'm guessing this question answers itself, but the switch is just so nothing draws hen machine is off in place of keyed power right? Since it looks to be directly from the battery?
Exactly! !

Reactions: Shadesmn
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Nice and neat.. I like that you put the voltmeter and switch under the hood! You want to come do mine?
Haha, negative. Btw, the voltmeter is in the dash, the battery switch is under the hood. I have dual batteries.

Reactions: Eltobgi and JTW
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!