BOX1

P500 Quick Q about the accessory harness and how to go about a hardwire dash cam

duhmojo

duhmojo

Jun 24, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hi. So I noticed the accessory harness sticky while trying to figure out how to hardwire a dash cam with a backup camera.

Dash cams generally come with a cigarette lighter to mini USB, so I was looking at a hardwire kit like this: Gebildet Dash Cam Hardwire Kit, Mini/Micro USB Hard Wire Kit for Dashcam, 12V-24V to 5V Car Dash Camera Power Cord, ATO/ATC(ACS)/ACN Mini/ACZ Micro2 Fuse, 11.6V Real Drain Protection : Amazon.ca: Electronics

It comes with a variety of fuse plugs, but I don't believe the P520 has a regular fuse panel.

The WARN VRX35 winch I was thinking of ordering doesn't require the accessory harness, it comes with a contractor that connects to the battery directly. So I wasn't even thinking of needing a harness like this. I'm sure if I bought the Honda OEM winch they would include the harness.

But to wire a mini USB power cable I guess I need the accessory harness without having to wire into the ignition I suppose.

How should I go about approaching this? Thanks for any advice.

Reactions: Lady01
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Reactions: duhmojo and Bigtee
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!