Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
P700-2

My glovebox door is warped. This thing has never sat in the sun for a full day, but the glovebox door is warped so bad there is a 1/2" gap.

Anyone else experience this?

C

Clarky

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2013
I don't think mine is warped, but it does leak when I wash it. So, I try and put any papers that I keep in there in a ziplock bag.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
P700-2

My glovebox door is warped. This thing has never sat in the sun for a full day, but the glovebox door is warped so bad there is a 1/2" gap.

Almost sounds like you're missing the rubber gasket that's in there. Are you?

obxguy2000

obxguy2000

Aug 24, 2015
Sanford North Carolina
Mine was warped just like that the day I got it and it was delivered the day I picked it up. Asked the dealer about it being warped and his comment was that it would leak so not to put anything important in it, like a cell phone or gloves that I wanted to keep dry .

Reactions: allgm1
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
@obxguy that's funny. I've heard of others taking the cover off and heating it slowly with a hair dryer and letting it cool while its held in shape. But I'm with obxguy200's dealer, just don't put anything in there you don't want to get wet, I keep my registration in a zip-loc bag in there and its been fine

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mines the same way.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I would be highly upset if my glove box leaked. Thats like buying new tires and they tell you they leak air. I would definitely have it replaced or fix it myself like mentioned above. Weather you carry gloves, papers, pistol, phones, etc. you don't want them to get wet.

Joe

Reactions: swsebek
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I would be highly upset if my glove box leaked. Thats like buying new tires and they tell you they leak air. I would definitely have it replaced or fix it myself like mentioned above. Weather you carry gloves, papers, pistol, phones, etc. you don't want them to get wet.

Joe

AMEN! If I had paid $3,000 for this ride I wouldn't b****. But I paid $13K and the glove box is the only storage on the entire machine. Maybe it will never be water tight, but I'll be disappointed if they expect me to live with a hole you can throw a golf ball through.

Reactions: joeymt33
MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
P700-2

Sorry, this may just be me but I would call Honda to complain and be nice enough to provide them with pictures of the problem. If they don't respond or blow off your concerns then I would go from there. It seriously cant be more than a $5 injection molded part. Easy enough to replace to keep a $13K customer happy that I hope would purchase my next product. Just saying.

Reactions: rmbrown77
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Here is a picture of the gap. The rubber gasket is there. The dealer said to bring it by. That's 60 miles from my house. BUT... I'll drop it off Monday.

Attachments

• IMG_1434.JPG
    IMG_1434.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 203
advertisement
MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
Here is a picture of the gap. The rubber gasket is there. The dealer said to bring it by. That's 60 miles from my house. BUT... I'll drop it off Monday.
Mother of God! That is horrible! I would include that picture and type up a letter to Honda Corporate offices and ask them to comp me for having to drive 60 miles to get it fixed. If you don't get a reply them I would send the same to Honda in Japan. Quality like that is considered dishonorable in Japan and it might rattle some cages here in American Honda. I did something similar when I wrote a letter to Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and paid the $6 for postage and confirmation of delivery. I was pleasantly surprised when the American Mitsubishi corporate office called me to discuss my concerns with their products.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah that's pretty bad. I took another look at mine and it is slightly warped but not like that

R

rural

Dec 19, 2015
Yeah that's pretty bad. I took another look at mine and it is slightly warped but not like that

Hi everyone. Just got a '16 Pioneer 700-4 delivered on Tues. Has the exact same issue. Coulda been my picture I'm going to show my dealer today that the OP posted. I'll let you know what they say when I get back.

R

rural

Dec 19, 2015
Hi everyone. Just got a '16 Pioneer 700-4 delivered on Tues. Has the exact same issue. Coulda been my picture I'm going to show my dealer today that the OP posted. I'll let you know what they say when I get back.
well, i got there and the salesman said he hadn't heard anything about it, as I showed him my picture. We were walking back to the GM's office to let him know and walked by a 500 with the same corner lift which I pointed out. The sales guy said "I DO see that."
The GM's comment was "its not supposed to be watertight, just water RESISTANT" when i suggested that it was designed to close, seeing how there's a rubber gasket around the rim. But, said he'd "look into it" which I will hold him to, but after the holidays, since I'm going to be busy with other, funner, things, and I suspect he will be too.

I noticed that the 1000s have a knob to turn to secure the door rather than this pin into a rubber hole affair on the 700. These might ought to have been the same design?
While it doesn't rise to a deal-breaker kind of defect I would hope for anyone, I agree with the comments that seeing how it is the ONLY storage on the vehicle, it should work as intended.

I guess we'll see how they address it.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
UPDATE: I stopped by the dealer Friday. The service manager came out to my trailer and said "yeah, that's sure warped". Then he say's "I'll get you a new one" and he took my door off. He said he'll call when the new one gets there. I asked if I could have my old one back so that I could see if I can straighten it. He told me he will need to send it back.

MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
UPDATE: I stopped by the dealer Friday. The service manager came out to my trailer and said "yeah, that's sure warped". Then he say's "I'll get you a new one" and he took my door off. He said he'll call when the new one gets there. I asked if I could have my old one back so that I could see if I can straighten it. He told me he will need to send it back.
At least they are doing something for you. That's the kind of dealer I like to deal with, someone that wouldn't want that on his own SxS. Honda should take a look at this also. Maybe if enough people complain...

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Has anyone tried heating the door with a heat gun or hair drier and then bending it and letting it cool before releasing it?

MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
Has anyone tried heating the door with a heat gun or hair drier and then bending it and letting it cool before releasing it?
If I was forced to fix it myself, I would go with the heat gun, some epoxy and some aluminum or steel to reinforce it. I like "overkill" though

Reactions: Gator
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
That's exactly what I would do if it weren't under warranty.

Reactions: joeymt33
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I like the idea of the metal reinforcement. That would ensure it remains in shape.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!