P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Title is a bit misleading. GM will supply the EV drive, but they're not making UTVs.

That picture of an odd-looking utv with the exaggerated rake angle popped up here on this forum a month ago, didn't it?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yay, we'lll get to listen to someone's generator run all weekend trying to keep the damn thing charged.
Most people stay at cozy campgrounds just off pavement on gravel plugged into the pole for ac, and that’ll work for them. For us it would suck hearing.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Most people stay at cozy campgrounds just off pavement on gravel plugged into the pole for ac, and that’ll work for them. For us it would suck hearing.
Like that one idjit that left his genny running all night. :mad: Luckily, he was far enough away that it didn't matter but I wouldn't have wanted to be closer.

Sarbuck

Sarbuck

Sep 29, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Everyone will run out to buy one of these to be "green", not thinking about the energy source beyond the plug in. Just like the GM exec that showed off the new electric car, answering the reporter who asked "how is this powered?" She replied "electricity...you just plug it in". She didn't realize the electrical company providing electricity at the GM plant was doing so (mostly) with coal. The race to be green needs to slow down until the technology catches up...IMO. I'll stick with my gas burner Pioneer, thank you. Hopefully they keep manufacturing gasoline... :oops:

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3

West Virginia coal miners help tourists push their dead electric car​

When you run out of juice you must do it near a power plant or coal temple.

Last edited:
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Reactions: Smitty335 and CID
Sarbuck

Sarbuck

Sep 29, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My wife has a coworker that bought a Ford electric vehicle. She's still making payments on the car, but the battery system died. She can't afford the $7,000 battery to replace the dead one. Instead she jump starts her vehicle with a portable unit to go anywhere. But at least she's "green". :rolleyes:

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
My wife has a coworker that bought a Ford electric vehicle. She's still making payments on the car, but the battery system died. She can't afford the $7,000 battery to replace the dead one. Instead she jump starts her vehicle with a portable unit to go anywhere. But at least she's "green". :rolleyes:
No matter the brand those things are expensive to replace and many not recyclable. The “feel good“ car

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How do you ”jump start” an electric car?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!