GM to make and sell ev utv in 2023

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes.

less than 1% of vehicles on the road are electric. Just wait until you see the mess electric vehicles will leave when gas automobiles are less than 1%.
I will be dead Long before that happens.
Every New tech comes with potential to pollute in ways we never thought, Or choose to ignore......
You see, We as humans tend to be greedy and selfish to the point that we really dont give a %#&$ about the environment. And the lack of accountability and morals used in business practice almost guarantee a dismal outcome for Earth And Its Inhabitants. Gas, Coal, Electric.......It doesnt matter. The fact is that we will continue to use gas and oil at a fevered pitch until it is all gone or we are all gone. Is What It Is !

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I will be dead Long before that happens.
Every New tech comes with potential to pollute in ways we never thought, Or choose to ignore......
You see, We as humans tend to be greedy and selfish to the point that we really dont give a %#&$ about the environment. And the lack of accountability and morals used in business practice almost guarantee a dismal outcome for Earth And Its Inhabitants. Gas, Coal, Electric.......It doesnt matter. The fact is that we will continue to use gas and oil at a fevered pitch until it is all gone or we are all gone. Is What It Is !
So let's make it worse, yay !!!!

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So let's make it worse, yay !!!!
Its all in the name of corporate money, wether we like it or not.
I will continue to enjoy my Pioneer and chainsaws and leaf blowers till I’m dead, and will try and tread as lightly as I can along the way. I also have electric power tools and electric RC trucks. Electric came to dominate the RC world and its already begun towards domination in the automotive world.

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Electric came to dominate the RC world and its already begun towards domination in the automotive world.
What kind of cars/trucks do u drive/have
Gas, Diesel or electric?

I still have my Diesel superduty and the wife still her Lincoln Nautilus obviously gas. With the range electric has and from what i see never will, there is no way she can drive to the UofM medical center for work to make it worth her while. I certainly will not trade down my Truck for an electric type. Just dont see one being able to pull my 38’ TH in the summer long trips and my 26’ V nose snowmobile trailer in sub temps to make it worth my while. Remember I live near and still in touch with engineer friends at all big 3 development headquarters. My friends that are on some of develop teams for electric there laugh when I ask will there ever be something close to what i want it to do in electric?

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
The battery technology of today will and cannot ever replace fossil fuels. Anyone pushing the narrative is either ignorant or brainwashed.

Unless some new form of battery is brought mainstream, i.e. cold fusion or low powered nuclear, going all battery will put us back in the stone age.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What kind of cars/trucks do u drive/have
Gas, Diesel or electric?

I still have my Diesel superduty and the wife still her Lincoln Nautilus obviously gas. With the range electric has and from what i see never will, there is no way she can drive to the UofM medical center for work to make it worth her while. I certainly will not trade down my Truck for an electric type. Just dont see one being able to pull my 38’ TH in the summer long trips and my 26’ V nose snowmobile trailer in sub temps to make it worth my while. Remember I live near and still in touch with engineer friends at all big 3 development headquarters. My friends that are on some of develop teams for electric there laugh when I ask will there ever be something close to what i want it to do in electric?
Every vehicle I have is gas, same for equipment. I do have a New Yanmar L70 6.5 hp diesel lookin for a purpose. You are young enough to see the change happen and it will happen.
My Grandfather used to tell my Dad that the model A would never catch on, My Dad used to tell me that hybrids wouldn’t happen. Next Stop: Unobtanium..😲

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Every vehicle I have is gas, same for equipment. I do have a New Yanmar L70 6.5 hp diesel lookin for a purpose. You are young enough to see the change happen and it will happen.
My Grandfather used to tell my Dad that the model A would never catch on, My Dad used to tell me that hybrids wouldn’t happen. Next Stop: Unobtanium..😲
If its in the next 30 yrs ill be 80 haha
I hope it stalls out till im gone! Lol

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I don't doubt fossil fuels will be replaced some day, but lithium ion batterries is not going to do it. Nor is wind or solar.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The battery technology of today will and cannot ever replace fossil fuels. Anyone pushing the narrative is either ignorant or brainwashed.

Unless some new form of battery is brought mainstream, i.e. cold fusion or low powered nuclear, going all battery will put us back in the stone age.
I wanna say “OK Boomer”. But I am one. Electric tech is only gonna get better. There’s two fronts that need to move forward. The production of it & the storage of it. If we don’t have a nuclear war anytime soon it will happen

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I wanna say “OK Boomer”. But I am one. Electric tech is only gonna get better. There’s two fronts that need to move forward. The production of it & the storage of it. If we don’t have a nuclear war anytime soon it will happen
My biggest concern is the safe disposal of spent devices?

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Other than use, those are the only jobs it has. We are a long way off right now.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
5BFEF1F8 A8D2 4598 B69E 603978B973E8

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The rush to electric is not a market-driven phenomena. It is the product of government control. Last I remember, if you took out all of the subsidies a Tesla would cost about a quarter milllion.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!