P700 Great Day Overhead Gunrack

Gb63

Gb63

Aug 28, 2018
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 700-2
Anybody else use this rack. I went with it so not to loose floor and center space. It seems pretty stable. I am sure the dust will be on them but I use scope covers on most guns.
Link - https://amzn.to/2xGq3nM
20180915 152940

Last edited by a moderator:
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anybody else use this rack. I went with it so not to loose floor and center space. It seems pretty stable. View attachment 88274 I am sure the dust will be on them but I use scope covers on most guns.
Nice! can you post a link to it? @JTW which one do you have?

HawkDriver

HawkDriver

Mar 31, 2017
Sierra Vista, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you have a factory hard roof, how well does this rack work with that? I have a soft case that mounts behind the cab, but it is not rated for trailering speed. Kind of looking for something that I dont have to take in and out.

Reactions: sharp
Gb63

Gb63

Aug 28, 2018
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 700-2
If you have a factory hard roof, how well does this rack work with that? I have a soft case that mounts behind the cab, but it is not rated for trailering speed. Kind of looking for something that I dont have to take in and out.
I have a factory hard roof and have not had any problems with the rack. The way the roof steps up from the roll cage gives plenty of room to put in and take out guns. Also, i am 6'3 and have plenty of head room.

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I had a Great Day overhead rack in my Viking and really liked it. It was in there for at least a year, & stayed put perfectly.

I will definitely get one for the Pioneer.

Reactions: Todd627 and sharp
Lynn1130

Lynn1130

Jun 22, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
Maybe it is just me but I cannot bring myself to put a scoped rifle in a rack that will get all of the jarring of back roads, not to mention the dust and then pull the rifle down and expect that it will be accurate. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. I still keep the rifle (s) in a padded hard case. It is slower if you need to get it out but at least I know it will still be true.

Gb63

Gb63

Aug 28, 2018
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 700-2
You make valid points. Good optics dont change zero for the most part If they do....well I dont keep them..may need to check the zero after ever shot though due to recoil....just saying. Simple product that works..

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!