S

steve_whiteside

Mar 31, 2019
San Diego
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Hello, I'm steve_whiteside

Hey everyone! Ive already been over in the pioneer forum asking my Newbee questions and everyone has been helpful and polite. My 2020 Pioneer 1000-5 is about a month old and is replacing a 2009 Ranger that I am about to put to pasture. Anyway, after I got the buggy configured to my minimum modifications I wanted to break it in down in Baja. I live near San Diego so Baja is an easy 18 miles south. No real rules down in baja other than the rules of Darwin. With some exceptions pretty must can drive where ever you want. Anyway 200 miles in 2 days by myself. Some pics below.

Here is a little info about me to begin with!
Honda SxS ownership : Yes, this is my first.
I have owned, or currently own the following: UTV
My off-road experience level is: Skilled
My favorite place to ride is: Baja

S

steve_whiteside

Mar 31, 2019
San Diego
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
7xY9ipfJZBXvvyLh9
IMG 0344

S

steve_whiteside

Mar 31, 2019
San Diego
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
IMG 0363
I carryied extra line and a tire plug kit with compressor.

IMG 0365

sunset then sunrise below.

IMG 0376

I pretty much try to do hidden camping. Get in and get out without being discovered. Take my garbage with me.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome to the forum from Central Texas

:cool:
How many times have you ridden down in Baja? This may be a great place for a group ride in the future.‍

S

steve_whiteside

Mar 31, 2019
San Diego
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Welcome to the forum from Central Texas

:cool:
How many times have you ridden down in Baja? This may be a great place for a group ride in the future.‍

Northern Baja is my play ground- mostly for dirt bikes over the year. 1-5 days my specialty. The pacific coast in the summer and the Sea of Cortez side in the summer. It is the freedom that comes from miles and miles of natural land with no people that attracts me. A group ride would be fun although a commitment for those that need to travel.

steve

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Welcome from west Georgia. Thanks for the pics. Super nice I enjoyed them and you already know the rules pics or it didn't happen

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!