P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey all, I'm putting out a feeler to see if there's interest in getting together for a group ride between Petoskey - Wolverine - Indian River - Vanderbilt area this Summer...

I know this area well, I've got 1600 miles mapped in the Northern Lower Peninsula over the years, so I can take a gang on a fun weekend of riding!

Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
Hey all, I'm putting out a feeler to see if there's interest in getting together for a group ride between Petoskey - Wolverine - Indian River - Vanderbilt area this Summer...

I know this area well, I've got 1600 miles mapped in the Northern Lower Peninsula over the years, so I can take a gang on a fun weekend of riding!
You have a particular weekend in mind or any weekend?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

What kind of trails?

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The style of ride I'd put together would be mostly trail riding, not too much mud but there will be some muddy spots. Some really cool tight trails through the forest, some cool hilly areas that are no big challenge to a Pioneer, but still lots of fun and very scenic.

No blazing around at high speed - just cruising some awesome trails, stopping to hang out regularly, and hitting a restaurant / pub once in the afternoon.

Last edited:
Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
The style of ride I'd put together would be mostly trail riding, not too much mud but there will be some muddy spots. Some really cool tight trails through the forest, some fun hilly areas that are no big challenge to a Pioneer, but still lots of fun and very scenic.

No blazing around at high speed - just cruising some awesome trails, stopping to hang out regularly, and hitting a restaurant / pub once toward evening.
I’ll be stopping in Michigan around that time so I might be down (right after TO)

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you look at trail maps in our area, you may think there's not a lot going on...but there's a ton of stuff not officially mapped, and I've got it.

The snowmobile trail network provides the general layout, but I know all the stuff that runs between and around them.

advertisement
Phantomhunter1

Phantomhunter1

Mar 2, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What were you thinking for lodging or camping? Just try to find a hotel or bed and breakfast in the area. I'm in Ohio. What kind of Michigan permits or stickers would be required?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
My cabin is n that general area. I ride the Gaylord/Grayling trails. I ride the trails you speak of on my Snowmobile often caming from my cabin north. Ill be interested in a ride like this. Make a date!

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's a go.

June 12-13. If you're interested and looking to camp, check out Chandler Hills campground in Petoskey. Nice place right on the trails. There's also the state campground over at Weber lake, also right on the trails. I believe this one is considered "rustic."

Ideally, I'd like to have 5-15 Pioneers come out, since I'm planning on running around caravan-style.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!