P1000 Gun Rack???

CURRIN1776

CURRIN1776

Dec 7, 2015
NC
www.currin1776.com
So has anyone come up with a good gun rack solution? Want to at least be able to stow two long guns. I've seen a product that would extend across to the left and right roll bars above your head. Just not sure I want to go that route. Any ideas?

Thanks

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I saw that one too but I'm concerned about messing with it if I need my gun in a hurry.
I've been thinking about a vertical floor mount system. Maybe buy something like this kolpin product or extend a pipe from the roll bar down to the floor and attach rhino grips for vertical gun mount.
Utvgunmount1

Reactions: CURRIN1776
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I saw that one too but I'm concerned about messing with it if I need my gun in a hurry.
I've been thinking about a vertical floor mount system. Maybe buy something like this kolpin product or extend a pipe from the roll bar down to the floor and attach rhino grips for vertical gun mount.
View attachment 8111
I was looking at one of these floor mounted mounts, but I ran around one day with my gun pointed to the floor sitting along side me, and within a couple of miles of dirt roads it was filthy dirty. The front windshield caused all the dirt and dust to roll in through the doors and my gun was covered in a very fine layer of dust. I won't do that again. I ended up putting 2 sets of the kolpin gun mounts on above my head, 1 on the front and 1 on the back bars. It worked very well and with the windshield cracked it causes the air flow to follow the roof line, keeping the guns dust free.

Deltamud

Deltamud

Lifetime Member
Dec 3, 2015
Florence, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So has anyone come up with a good gun rack solution? Want to at least be able to stow two long guns. I've seen a product that would extend across to the left and right roll bars above your head. Just not sure I want to go that route. Any ideas?

Thanks

Thanks
I install the quick draw overheaded gun rack. Easy to install, no drilling and guns are ready to go. Pickup on Ebay $100 bucks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 4,146
AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was looking at the Kolpin Utv Double Gun Boot Mount . Probably what I will go with, after my bank account heals up some :)

Koplin gun boot

Reactions: Rick53
MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
I haven't purchased these and don't know how it would be setup but it looks like quick access.
www.mylucidgear.com
its under the accessories section and is called a "Lucid snap rack." The only bonus is its $12.....usually someone has them cheaper though.

Reactions: Rick53
CURRIN1776

CURRIN1776

Dec 7, 2015
NC
www.currin1776.com
View attachment 8111
A couple of friends of mine have those and they're guns get really dirty. Great access though. One of my friends has a golf cart with his mounted across the dash. But he has a bar across there to attach to. But of course the 1000 doesn't have a bar.

Deltamud

Deltamud

Lifetime Member
Dec 3, 2015
Florence, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah. That's the one I saw. Are they really sturdy? How quickly can you access a rifle?
Really quick and very sturdy. I've used the floor mounts in the past and and like this one much better and it's not in the way of a 3rd person.

Reactions: CURRIN1776
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a 2 gun made by big sky in the roof. I took factory clamps and mounted (fabed) them to the big sky that way I wouldn't have to drill the cage. works great and even on rough trail!

advertisement
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2 gun made by big sky in the roof. I took factory clamps and mounted (fabed) them to the big sky that way I wouldn't have to drill the cage. works great and even on rough trail!
Pics?

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
This are pics with the roof off, I am still looking for picks with roof on. with guns mounted it still has plenty of head room because the big sky is tucked up in to the roof portion. I don't even think that you can see guns from the out side. It normally holds my .338 Win Mag with scope and a Mossberg 500 when we are out just riding around.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
in the 1st pick you can see the 8 holes really well. It came with self taping screws, intended to screw thru the mounting surface but I didn't want to go threw the roll bar so I drilled that mount and used the Honda clamps.

Reactions: ghost

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!