Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Theres something going on. I can see one here or there. But dam
Spring sag is set by using a jack and raising the front and rear of the bike until the shock shaft is fully extended with the tires fully loaded with the bikes weight and tires still on the ground, take measurements, set the bike down roll it back and forth about 10 feet, take a measurement and set at 1.5 inches of spring sag with the weight you usually haul. This is a good starting point. If you run your shocks at the limits all the time you are putting your axels in a bind and will rip cvs joints out left and right!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Spring sag is set by using a jack and raising the front and rear of the bike until the shock shaft is fully extended with the tires fully loaded with the bikes weight and tires still on the ground, take measurements, set the bike down roll it back and forth about 10 feet, take a measurement and set at 1.5 inches of spring sag with the weight you usually haul. This is a good starting point. If you run your shocks at the limits all the time you are putting your axels in a bind and will rip cvs joints out left and right!

I see what you’re saying now. You weren’t talking about overextending. You were talking about running at Max angle all the time.

J

JTW

I’m going to inspect and measure and check everything out before Takeover.. I’m not real sure what the issue is but s*** happens... if you ride hard long enough s*** is gunna break. You’re kidding yourself if you think it’s not. But with that said... I’m considering pulling the HL lift.. however, I think it’s gunna rub if I do.. preload is at 3/4” on the rear and 1.5” on the front. So I dunno... we’ll see

advertisement
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
SATV... I though it was the cage that broke.. but I honesty didn’t pay any attention to it. I’ll look and see... they’re under warranty still, so f*** it! I bought them last March so this will prolly be the last warranty I get
That rear A arm had weird movement after Overland if you remember, Did you ever check that out?

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah.. wasn’t anything.. at least that I could find. It’s all been apart and back together so I dunno.
Probably got bent on Overland when that tree got wedged up in there and had to be cut out
35281489 C0AC 47B9 814B BB643F313202
7B6B49C6 D8FE 4974 8A23 5282B414EAED

Nope guess not

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went a mud slinging. Still raining here. Got some pucker effect moments like fishtailing on our bridge and a few other spots near the cliff edge when she came out of the ruts. I had to give her some ion boost stream and we was set free...Made a video. kept getting stuck on uphill climbs and then realized I was in 2wd. Still did monster-ably well. Puddles ran deep. mudskipper....

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!