Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thing I hate about riding is this part. 6 1/2 hours of pressure washing! They haven’t been washed since last year but especially after the last month of continuous riding they were bad. That stupid clay really builds up. Probably 500 pounds lighter between the two.
Well screw it they are clean. Deserves a few beers so cheers!
C74C10E0 96A6 4CF5 9929 EE569F8D6E60

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Question for you guys: What is your experience with patching atv/sxs tires?
I've found what seems like a decent deal on some 25" BH 2.0's on Viking wheels. Tires allegedly only have about 200 miles, but one has an internal patch "from a cactus".
I know people patch them all the time...BUT, way back when I 1st started as a grease monkey at the local tire shop In the early 90's, the owner insisted that patches would never hold on an at tire because they flexed too much.
And I do tend to run low air pressures.
I've never really thought about it since I just shove plugs in any issue I have.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well considering I’ve had 4 rigs with 2.0 I’ve had a LOT of experience with punctures. They hold up well with light rigs but sure not the 1000. Still one of my favorite tires on something lighter. Have 2300 in the Wolvie without a flat but never had a Pioneer with over 3-400
We’ve had around 25 plugs in one from a couple different slices but they did hold air. I’d always run rubber cement as I plugged them then would slime as soon as possible. Got a lot of miles that way.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well considering I’ve had 4 rigs with 2.0 I’ve had a LOT of experience with punctures. They hold up well with light rigs but sure not the 1000. Still one of my favorite tires on something lighter. Have 2300 in the Wolvie without a flat but never had a Pioneer with over 3-400
We’ve had around 25 plugs in one from a couple different slices but they did hold air. I’d always run rubber cement as I plugged them then would slime as soon as possible. Got a lot of miles that way.
So...you're saying patches do ok...LOL?

It'd be the same setup as @WillyBill but with 25's instead of the wolvys 26's. Same yam wheels.

advertisement
DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I wouldn’t worry. But I tend to get every mile I can from a tire
Considering how much they cost, who wouldn't? I know some people get touchy about plugging the sidewall, etc. Not me. I'll plug the valve stem if it keeps me riding. At least on ATVs/sxs's.

I've always like the plugs that pull through from the inside and have a patch on the inside for atv tires. It's not a trail fix but it works if you break the bead

COMBO PRO'S TIRE PATCH PLUG MUSHROOM 3/16" / 1/4" FAST FREE SHIPPING SoCAL USA | eBay
Put several of those in car tires back in the day.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
So...you're saying patches do ok...LOL?

It'd be the same setup as @WillyBill but with 25's instead of the wolvys 26's. Same yam wheels.
Disregard this comment. I just re-read Bills comments about wolvys wheels, and I totally overlooked the fact that he has X4 wheels, which are different than older wolvys/Viking wheels.

advertisement