Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My thought on your opinion is very close, but part of me wonders if with the better suspension will you be able to carry more momentum, and never even be able to tell the difference? I want to say yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is very true with the talon but when comparing pioneer models I will take the locker.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
My thought on your opinion is very close, but part of me wonders if with the better suspension will you be able to carry more momentum, and never even be able to tell the difference? I want to say yes

Enough momentum and u can make anything in 2wd lol.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Momentum really counts when you don’t have low range, and all your power is made up really high in the rpms

I was telling @joeymt33 when I was watching Talon videos that it looked like what I would have to do in the YXZ with speed because of the gearing to get up stuff because the Talon wheel wasn't pulling when it needed to and they was having to hit stuff fast.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Enough momentum and u can make anything in 2wd lol.

Not trying to get into a pissing match, I’ve been researching and really wanting a yxz with a third pedal even befor I bought my pioneer,but even after regearing the trans, a high reving, bad ass, street bike sounding engine, struggles with making torque. I’ve seen it from a few different drivers. I wish my riding was more suited for them.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cheers

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was telling @joeymt33 when I was watching Talon videos that it looked like what I would have to do in the YXZ with speed because of the gearing to get up stuff because the Talon wheel wasn't pulling when it needed to and they was having to hit stuff fast.

Could you pull that rti ramp with out causing harm to your clutches? Curious, not trolling

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
There’s another video of the passenger side, that passenger side tire spins a $hit ton before it grabs and climbs. Might work most of the time.... but that one time when you’re at the tipping point and because you have to wait for the computer to catch up with the wheel speed sensors, it’s gonna hurt

It’s still impressive, cause show me another sport machine with a front end that will do that.... but it’s still not a mechanical locker

Wouldn’t have lost any momentum with the Pioneer dlx. Or the Wolverine for that matter. Boy who would’ve thought that would happen...lol.

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yes, but you might* break an axle or lurch:D
Broken axles aren’t common with me. Keep away from a lift/forward arched a-arm combo and only shift on the fly into diff lock when needed.
Being a sport the Talon I’m not as concerned about other then possibly cost down the road but Pioneer I don’t mind shifting a lever over for that added traction. Seldom am I in lock but it is nice to have.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Broken axles aren’t common with me. Keep away from a lift/forward arched a-arm combo and only shift on the fly into diff lock when needed.
Being a sport the Talon I’m not as concerned about other then possibly coat down the road but Pioneer I don’t mind shifting a lever over for that added traction. Seldom am I in lock but it is nice to have.
Yeas...I'd bet realitively stock machines rarely break anything. Just quoting some of the...um, things the LE guys say.
Don't have a dog in the fight anyway. And honestly don't care. Somebody drops $20k and wants i4wd...who am I to argue except for the fun of it!

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeas...I'd bet realitively stock machines rarely break anything. Just quoting some of the...um, things the LE guys say.
Don't have a dog in the fight anyway. And honestly don't care. Somebody drops $20k and wants i4wd...who am I to argue except for the fun of it!
I don’t worry about breaking axles, the 700 is fairly tame compared to a 1000 or a talon...besides axles are sacrificial driveline components in my opinion.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I don’t worry about breaking axles, the 700 is fairly tame compared to a 1000 or a talon...besides axles are sacrificial driveline components in my opinion.
Well...I was gonna say something like that, but usually like to take turns offending various groups...
I'm always amazed at guys breaking axles on 700's. At times, mine wouldn't break traction. It's the ultimate rental machine because idiots can't hurt it except by smashing it into things. I really wish Honda would do right by it, and give it a low range (so it can break axles...lol).

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well...I was gonna say something like that, but usually like to take turns offending various groups...
I'm always amazed at guys breaking axles on 700's. At times, mine wouldn't break traction. It's the ultimate rental machine because idiots can't hurt it except by smashing it into things. I really wish Honda would do right by it, and give it a low range (so it can break axles...lol).
Lol, I agree. It’s not impossible to do but those 700’s are tough as hell. You’re right about a low range too. [HASHTAG]#hondapullyourheadoutofyourarsandgiveusalowrange[/HASHTAG]!!!!!

advertisement