H.F.A.W.H.A. meeting

J

JTW

View attachment 160083
First problem with the wife’s car. Stupid ass check engine light causes engine problems.
Turned out to be 13$ online and 10 minutes to change out the front vvt sensor. Guess it’s not too bad, first time for CEL light for wife since Explorer 15years ago and she drives old stuff. Feel lucky I guess. All good now
View attachment 160084
Uhhhh yeah, I’ll take those kinds of issues anytime!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Uhhhhh, like an organized game of smear the queer.
Sounds like football.
View attachment 160083
First problem with the wife’s car. Stupid ass check engine light causes engine problems.
Turned out to be 13$ online and 10 minutes to change out the front vvt sensor. Guess it’s not too bad, first time for CEL light for wife since Explorer 15years ago and she drives old stuff. Feel lucky I guess. All good now
View attachment 160084
Have an Altima sitting in the bay right now. Tranny codes. Troubleshooting it out and Nissan service info says replace transaxle. There was also a tsb on it that says update tcm...and replace transaxle. Nissan's CVT's (which are built by JATCO, I believe) cost a lot of owners serious money. They need to stop using them. On the other side of the coin, think I've done 1 regular Nissan tranny in my life.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Sounds like football.

Have an Altima sitting in the bay right now. Tranny codes. Troubleshooting it out and Nissan service info says replace transaxle. There was also a tsb on it that says update tcm...and replace transaxle. Nissan's CVT's (which are built JATCO, I believe) cost a lot of owners serious money. They need to stop using them. On the other side of the coin, think I've done 1 regular Nissan tranny in my life.
I’ve loved our Nissan’s. Our Xterra has been nothing but solid. Timing belt and a set of front brakes, nothing else. not even an alignment. Had it since 20k and it’s now 170ish Beat the hell out it.
When it was time for wife a new car she wanted Murano, I put kibosh to that simply because of the cvt. Not going to long term that

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I’ve loved our Nissan’s. Our Xterra has been nothing but solid. Timing belt and a set of front brakes, nothing else. not even an alignment. Had it since 20k and it’s now 170ish Beat the hell out it.
When it was time for wife a new car she wanted Murano, I put kibosh to that simply because of the cvt. Not going to long term that
I've never much cared for any of them except maybe the older pickups like your derby car. Those were good little trucks.
My cousin bought a king cab truck new (83, I think), and it had well over 200k on it when it started to get a little coolant in the oil. Don't think he ever did anything except maintenance stuff. It was weird seeing him in something else after he traded it.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well we'll...seems the baseball God's have been drinking heavily today, and decided to turn things upside down...

Washington up by 4 in the 10th. Talk about dilemma...see the hated Braves rivals go on, or enjoy the billion dollar slugger club LA getting sent home...
Yep...I think sending LA and their cocky-ass lineup home would be more fun. GO NATS!

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep. I've been saying that for years.
FB IMG 1570681945641

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I've never much cared for any of them except maybe the older pickups like your derby car. Those were good little trucks.
My cousin bought a king cab truck new (83, I think), and it had well over 200k on it when it started to get a little coolant in the oil. Don't think he ever did anything except maintenance stuff. It was weird seeing him in something else after he traded it.
Yep loved the old Hardbodys. Owned a few. This red one was the Pathfinder that I cut apart and made a pickup out of about 12years ago. Sold it and a friend still drives it. Really beat the f*** out of it for years, it’s still going. Has the same exhaust manifold leak it did ten years ago lol.
Wife and I called our trucks mustard and ketchup, they were a team. We use to rip the woods together with those rigs back before Sxs’s.
46266049 7EFA 4E66 B2B1 F71AFB9C4E97
4EE4F18D C139 4636 A5AD 64AD46437D5C
869DAC6E A9C5 4C40 8D0A C333C3728A4F

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yea..the Nissan CVT’s do not have a good rep.
At all.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yea..the Nissan CVT’s do not have a good rep.
At all.
Be interesting to see if the boss wants to fix the one we have, or just send it back to auction. I'm told they are pricey...and I don't see trusting a used one from salvage. Book says like 8 hrs of labor, but it doesn't look that hard...(famous last words)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Be interesting to see if the boss wants to fix the one we have, or just send it back to auction. I'm told they are pricey...and I don't see trusting a used one from salvage. Book says like 8 hrs of labor, but it doesn't look that hard...(famous last words)
Maybe do it so you could pull apart the old one to see what’s inside.

ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

It all started with “Hold My Beer”
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Agreed!! Damn work gets in the way of the shenanigans most of the time. But unfortunately it pays for the shenanigans. Dog gone catch 22

Isn't that the truth..You couldn't have said it any better my friend!! :cool: Gotta get these kiddos thru college too!! :eek::eek:

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!