100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Saw someone towing a Red 1000-5 deluxe south on 25/70 today. I was headed narth so I wasn’t able to chase them down with stickers in hand...

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry...what imposters are pretending to be GB against the Chargers in the game I'm watching? Have they even broke 100 yards yet?
Now I get it. Yeah I think rodgers is getting ready to unload. They must be playing mind games with the chargers!

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Went to friends from church for dinner this evening. They had a wood fired oven that UNCA tossed in the dumpster because it wasn’t big enough for the demand of pizzas at the cafeteria. Libtard logic. Just throw it away. Supposedly, it’s some $15,000 Italian made oven. Originally it was run on propane but for whatever reason could never achieve high enough temperatures. My buddy who works for the University got it out of the dumpster with a Case back hoe. Oven weighs 2000#. So my buddy brought it home, then removed all the gas lines and just put in a wood fire in it every night he uses it.
On a sidenote, one usually has to heat up the oven approximately four hours in advance of using it. The great and interesting thing about that though is that, it only takes about 90 seconds to cook a pizza. My friend has three sons. So, when they make pizzas, they make enough for the whole family, for the whole week. Today they made 17 pizzas and today was the first time I went over there for pizza and I must say I got to make my own pizza and it was phenomenally delicious. They had 15+ toppings. It was also an interesting experience and I am looking forward to building my own sometime here in the yard. I have all the materials already, so I just have to figure out where to do it.

88E92273 228D 4A29 8F43 DFEA90D427DB
669BD05E 23A1 4FDC BA31 00FAD9F304B8

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They made their own dough. I made a White pizza (racist) using a base of garlic/olive oil sauce. Then mixed on Italian sausage, Asiago and mozzarella cheeses. Mushrooms, sliced sweet onion, gobs of pesto sauce, topped with pepperoni and an Italian herb blend.

J

JTW

Went to friends from church for dinner this evening. They had a wood fired oven that UNCA tossed in the dumpster because it wasn’t big enough for the demand of pizzas at the cafeteria. Libtard logic. Just throw it away. Supposedly, it’s some $15,000 Italian made oven. Originally it was run on propane but for whatever reason could never achieve high enough temperatures. My buddy who works for the University got it out of the dumpster with a Case back hoe. Oven weighs 2000#. So my buddy brought it home, then removed all the gas lines and just put in a wood fire in it every night he uses it.
On a sidenote, one usually has to heat up the oven approximately four hours in advance of using it. The great and interesting thing about that though is that, it only takes about 90 seconds to cook a pizza. My friend has three sons. So, when they make pizzas, they make enough for the whole family, for the whole week. Today they made 17 pizzas and today was the first time I went over there for pizza and I must say I got to make my own pizza and it was phenomenally delicious. They had 15+ toppings. It was also an interesting experience and I am looking forward to building my own sometime here in the yard. I have all the materials already, so I just have to figure out where to do it.

View attachment 164431 View attachment 164432
I mean.. I like the idea and especially the price and all... but I believe if it were me I’d have done a better job of presenting it. Looks pretty s***ty sitting out there like something you’d see in an African village.

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I mean.. I like the idea and especially the price and all... but I believe if it were me I’d have done a better job of presenting it. Looks pretty s***ty sitting out there like something you’d see in an African village.
Lmao. He hasn’t got a way to put it on a better base at home. He used steel pipes to roll it off his trailer where it sits at the end of his driveway. It’s actually quite well-made. I should have taken some photographs of the inside and closer up but I forgot to. It was all made inside with fire brick as well. Apparently it was digitally run propane pizza oven. Yes it does look ghetto as hell right now but, it’s very functional. In the meantime while it sits on their driveway and looks like crap it still makes wonderful pizza and I guess that’s what really counts. Although I totally get what you mean.

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was going for the long home made pizza peel shot. (Long spatula thing in bottom right of picture)

advertisement
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A friend today told me where I could buy Delton made AR’s from an FFL for $399. I’m amazed that some Mosin Nagants are going for that lately. The whole milsurp rifle market has dried up. Becoming good investments. Next year or two they be $500. Depends on which Nag you have. Any of the Finnish captures are currently easily bringing $450 . Some Finn made M39’s will easily bring $600. M91’s are becoming more scarce as well. I always look for the hexagonal receivers. They’re typically older dates and more collectable.
C89A088B AA81 4DA8 A33E 122713DA057C

J

JTW

I f***ing LOVE IT!!! When I hit the Powerball I’ll be getting one and doing that there!
After looking up the price... I retract my previous statement... the way it’s equipped is about 250k minus taxes and import fees. However, I’m not sure if that number is accounting for the exchange rate or not.

J

JTW

A friend today told me where I could buy Delton made AR’s from an FFL for $399. I’m amazed that some Mosin Nagants are going for that lately. The whole milsurp rifle market has dried up. Becoming good investments. Next year or two they be $500. Depends on which Nag you have. Any of the Finnish captures are currently easily bringing $450 . M91’s are becoming more scarce as well. I always look for the hexagonal receivers. They’re typically older dates and more collectable.
View attachment 164437
I truly don’t understand that...

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I truly don’t understand that...
I think a big part of it is from the ban on fire arms made in Russia , from being imported into the United States from Russia or elsewhere . Obama originally signed that into law and then it has been upheld by Trump. Or at least he hasn’t rescinded the order. So, basically what’s here is here and nothing else is coming into the country so anything that was made in Russia that is currently in the United States has exponentially gone up in value. Places like Canada where they do not have the ban, An SVT 40 for example, goes for about $400 whereas here you typically can’t get one for less than $1500.

J

JTW

I think a big part of it is from the ban on fire arms made in Russia , from being imported into the United States from Russia or elsewhere . Obama originally signed that into law and then it has been upheld by Trump. Or at least he hasn’t rescinded the order. So, basically what’s here is here and nothing else is coming into the country so anything that was made in Russia that is currently in the United States has exponentially gone up in value. Places like Canada where they do not have the ban, An SVT 40 for example, goes for about $400 whereas here you typically can’t get one for less than $1500.
I get the ban and supply issue. but for years they poured in here and you could pick them up for less than $100. As I recall there was a time the MN was $50-$60. There have to a freak’n ton of them out there.

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
Ok...I think some of his tests are legit info, and I think he has good intentions, but like the RAT540 "test" that made the rounds that had all the Rotella haters crowing loudly, you should know that according to various "oil experts" (that are far smarter than me on the subject), some of his testing is junk science.

The wear "test" he performs has no bearing (no pun intended) on actual operating conditions inside an engine. That specific test is done for gear lubes and greases, I believe, which have far different demands. Maybe @KYhillbilly can shed some light?

I'm not debating his results because I agree or disagree with them so much as the fact that companies spend lots of time and money testing oils, so when someone determines "the best" in their garage for realitively little money and resources, it always raises the old BS flag. Don't trust everything (or anything for that matter) you see on YouTube.
Sorry I am late to the party but his tests are not very scientific or repeatable and all the testing is will within the error and repeatability of the tests. The rigs used for testing lubricity in diesel fuels are very precise and can accurately produce quality results. I also wonder where he got all his information as lubricity additive, detergent and viscosity modifier data for oil manufacturers is pretty closely guarded.

Change your when you should, early if you want and brand makes no difference. I have 100K in my 2013 Ford F150 Ecoboost using cheap rural king Synthetic, $12 for a 5 quart jug. As I have stated before there are very few base oil manufacturers so many oils start from the same base stock. Amsoil, Royal Purple, and Lucas do not make base oils, they buy them.

Not sure about the whiskey in the one picture but I have trouble making up my mind.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry I am late to the party but his tests are not very scientific or repeatable and all the testing is will within the error and repeatability of the tests. The rigs used for testing lubricity in diesel fuels are very precise and can accurately produce quality results. I also wonder where he got all his information as lubricity additive, detergent and viscosity modifier data for oil manufacturers is pretty closely guarded.

Change your when you should, early if you want and brand makes no difference. I have 100K in my 2013 Ford F150 Ecoboost using cheap rural king Synthetic, $12 for a 5 quart jug. As I have stated before there are very few base oil manufacturers so many oils start from the same base stock. Amsoil, Royal Purple, and Lucas do not make base oils, they buy them.

Not sure about the whiskey in the one picture but I have trouble making up my mind.
Nice! Definitely see some of my favorites on your shelf.

advertisement