H.F.A.W.H.A. meeting

J

JTW

Sorry I am late to the party but his tests are not very scientific or repeatable and all the testing is will within the error and repeatability of the tests. The rigs used for testing lubricity in diesel fuels are very precise and can accurately produce quality results. I also wonder where he got all his information as lubricity additive, detergent and viscosity modifier data for oil manufacturers is pretty closely guarded.

Change your when you should, early if you want and brand makes no difference. I have 100K in my 2013 Ford F150 Ecoboost using cheap rural king Synthetic, $12 for a 5 quart jug. As I have stated before there are very few base oil manufacturers so many oils start from the same base stock. Amsoil, Royal Purple, and Lucas do not make base oils, they buy them.

Not sure about the whiskey in the one picture but I have trouble making up my mind.
What about Lucas additive?

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Sorry I am late to the party but his tests are not very scientific or repeatable and all the testing is will within the error and repeatability of the tests. The rigs used for testing lubricity in diesel fuels are very precise and can accurately produce quality results. I also wonder where he got all his information as lubricity additive, detergent and viscosity modifier data for oil manufacturers is pretty closely guarded.

Change your when you should, early if you want and brand makes no difference. I have 100K in my 2013 Ford F150 Ecoboost using cheap rural king Synthetic, $12 for a 5 quart jug. As I have stated before there are very few base oil manufacturers so many oils start from the same base stock. Amsoil, Royal Purple, and Lucas do not make base oils, they buy them.

Not sure about the whiskey in the one picture but I have trouble making up my mind.
Had forgotten about that one, but thanks for the input.

As far as the whiskey? Yes.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I get the ban and supply issue. but for years they poured in here and you could pick them up for less than $100. As I recall there was a time the MN was $50-$60. There have to a freak’n ton of them out there.
It’s not just those rifles it’s all military surplus rifles at this point. Everything seems to be drying up or the collectors have bought them all and are not selling them. I remember when Mosin-Nagant were $70. But this point just what is here that’s it. Although there are a couple of places where you can still buy the spam cans of the 54r, It’s now selling for $170 -200 each plus tax and shipping. And those are also not as common anymore

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The only places I see military surplus rifle still for sale is at shows. I never see them at pawnshops or gun stores. I’m actually seeing an equal number or larger number of American made Surplus Rifle’s on the market as of recently and again all at gun shows. M1 Garand and carbines. Still a fair amount of Enfields out there but the price has risen. Nonetheless they’re not being sold or imported by any major distributors. No milsurp seems to be trickling in.

Last edited:
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Much of the NATO 308 battle packs have dried up as well. Large case lots of surplus ammo have become a thing of the past.

J

JTW

63070E17 D7C8 40A5 95F9 8E78832D907D

advertisement
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand

My only very noticeable difference in oil was 2 times. I changed from mobil 1 synthetic to royal purple XRP in my drag car and had a hell of a time getting it up to temp after the change. Massive difference. And bearings were great after a couple of tear downs. In my duramax I went to amsoil and picked up mpg and the motor is quieter.

advertisement