Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know, that's what sucks. Just going to let the wife check them out and get what she wants. Luckily it decided to s*** the bed while everybody has everything on sale.
That’s a plus for sure. :D

J

JTW

Think my dishwasher just bought the farm... Uugghh. Wife said it didn't drain this afternoon and when I checked it, it's just flashing and doesn't respond to any input. Got it to drain by flipping the breaker and doing some sorcery with the buttons after watching a YouTube video. Thought it might be good to go but it's DOA again and just flashing. It's about 9 years old and a cheaper Whirlpool unit so it doesn't really surprise me. Anybody replace one recently and have any recommendations or models to stay away from?
I put in a KitchenAid last year... so far so good but there are a couple plastic pieces on the sliding trays that have broken that I had to put a bolt through. The other suggest dishwasher was the Bosch

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I put in a KitchenAid last year... so far so good but there are a couple plastic pieces on the sliding trays that have broken that I had to buy a bolt through. The other suggest dishwasher was the Bosch
Thanks, I was just looking at the Bosch on home depot's website

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I put in a KitchenAid last year... so far so good but there are a couple plastic pieces on the sliding trays that have broken that I had to put a bolt through. The other suggest dishwasher was the Bosch
I also hear the Bosch appliances are really good quality, I’m surprised by your problems with the kitchen Aid, they are typically good quality as well.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Think my dishwasher just bought the farm... Uugghh. Wife said it didn't drain this afternoon and when I checked it, it's just flashing and doesn't respond to any input. Got it to drain by flipping the breaker and doing some sorcery with the buttons after watching a YouTube video. Thought it might be good to go but it's DOA again and just flashing. It's about 9 years old and a cheaper Whirlpool unit so it doesn't really surprise me. Anybody replace one recently and have any recommendations or models to stay away from?
Mine s*** the bed like that but I didnt let it beat me unfortunately... Drain was clogged inside the unit. Only took dissassembly 3 times and a lot of beer and cussing.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Mine s*** the bed like that but I didnt let it beat me unfortunately... Drain was clogged inside the unit. Only took dissassembly 3 times and a lot of beer and cussing.
This one is something with the electronics. I got it into diagnostic mode once out of like 30 tries only for it to kick back out and start flashing again. Apparently it's common for the controls on this model to crap out and the replacement parts are about 2/3 the price of a new washer. I tried drinking more beer to see if the problem would go away, but that didn't fix it either

advertisement
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This one is something with the electronics. I got it into diagnostic mode once out of like 30 tries only for it to kick back out and start flashing again. Apparently it's common for the controls on this model to crap out and the replacement parts are about 2/3 the price of a new washer. I tried drinking more beer to see if the problem would go away, but that didn't fix it either
We bought a GE back over the summer...installed it and it was leaking around the pump from the get go....took it out and traded it in on a whirlpool..no problems since..got it at Home Depot on sale

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Best show on TV! Kept hearing about it so wife and I finally watched an episode. Been binge watching the Ranch for the last week.
942D12C3 B0F5 48E5 B6EA 49F236723A1C

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Bosch are pretty tough to beat.
Yup, I’ve have a Bosch DW for the last 10 yrs it’s quiet and hasn’t let me down. Out of all the DW’s I’ve had it’s been the best for what it’s worth. Now, if I can only get Roo to put the dishes in it besides me!:confused:

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yup, I’ve have a Bosch DW for the last 10 yrs it’s quiet and hasn’t let me down. Out of all the DW’s I’ve had it’s been the best for what it’s worth. Now, if I can only get Roo to put the dishes in it besides me!:confused:
I have a Bosch too. The only problem that they are known for is the drain clogs sometimes or maybe a air pocket gets trapped and won't drain, don't remember which one. I watched the experts on YouTube lol. All you have to do is to pull it out, tip it to a 45 degree angle and it's fixed. I've had to do it twice in 5 years. The timer that shines down on the floor is kinda cool too.

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a Bosch too. The only problem that they are known for is the drain clogs sometimes or maybe a air pocket gets trapped and won't drain, don't remember which one. I watched the experts on YouTube lol. All you have to do is to pull it out, tip it to a 45 degree angle and it's fixed. I've had to do it twice in 5 years. The timer that shines down on the floor is kinda cool too.
Ours has a filter that I take out once a month to clean out, never had any problems with yet.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Only the best show ever. Well maybe next to the Dukes lol. Show about growing up on a ranch. R-rated comedy on Netflix if ya got it, seriously a must watch. I’d guarantee you’d like it
LOL...ok. You've convinced me. So now... what do I look for?

EDIT: is it "The Ranch"?

Reactions: JTW and Todd627
advertisement