Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Uhhhhh, how’d you manage that??
What's going on here? Broke the hub off?
Short version. The last trip out we had a brake issue. We were very limited with tools and by the time I got things bandaged up then wheel back on and lowered it, I didn’t torque the lugs. Was just pissed, I wasn’t thinking right anymore. Next ride out we were way out and headed up a big hill when wheel was flopping. Couldn’t really stop mid way so continued up. At top we realized how bad lugs were so we stole one from another wheel. We limped it back.
Now I’m fixing my f*** up. Two lugs are now spinning because they were crossed on because of the bunged threads. Going to grind off backsides tomorrow to get the f***ing wheel off the hub but I figure it’ll need not only lugs and nuts but probably a new hub now, gotta feeling wheel is toast. Sometimes it’s just those small things that happen then go totally f***ing sideways. Gotta learn to control my patience.

Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!