DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I knew you were going to say that.

See my comments about NOT buying another trailer. Hell...I'd have to buy a new garage for one of those.

I'm just not in on a sport machine. I don't ride fast enough to use what it has to offer, and I like the big bed (feel free to point out that my current ride probably has a smaller bed than a KRX). If I were...then yeah, I think the KRX is what the Talon maybe should have been.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

See my comments about NOT buying another trailer. Hell...I'd have to buy a new garage for one of those.

I'm just not in on a sport machine. I don't ride fast enough to use what it has to offer, and I like the big bed (feel free to point out that my current ride probably has a smaller bed than a KRX). If I were...then yeah, I think the KRX is what the Talon maybe should have been.
I think the Talon just missed it’s mark on suspension a bit but for the most part it is what they designed it for. Still does a pretty good job on heavy trails even as pure sport

J

JTW

I wasn’t in on a sport machine either... boy oh boy.. I didn’t know what I was missing! And there’s ample room in here for an overland. I’m tell’n ya... in your part of the country this is the machine!

P

PNWGuy

Spent some time up in Avery area a couple of years ago with a crazy ex-girlfriend. Took me to the spot where she spread her dead mother's ashes. Creepy girl, but beautiful country.

IwPUH0jvQjeDVcUNYnivFA

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Have you ridden with a KRX yet? Wondering how it fares in the CP tests.
Not yet. There won’t be many in this area, not much support from larger dealers around here. Haven’t seen any out and about.
Sat in one it seemed real nice, but I’d really like to drive it and really check it out. They are just way to big for us to consider its huge.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@DG Rider get the 1000. For your riding you'll absolutely love it over the 700. So much quieter, rides way better even with aftermarket on the 700. And the dual range is superior to the 3 speed. Just do it.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I think it would have to be smaller as well as skinnier for me. I do like the platform a lot though. And I’d have to ride it in my area probably.
Still love the Talon (once they figure out the low range issues) and the real transmission is by far our favorite. I know the clutched belt is good because of our Wolverine but prefer the dct. Plus we are a Honda family with Yami as second, always have been coming from experience with bikes. Not saying I wouldn’t buy a different Jap machine but it would take a lot.
Btw LOVE the blue on the KRX.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Damn! My friend just got this. Apparently the guy has been looking for another low mileage 12v and can’t find one so he’s keeping his wrecked one and flaking on my friend

783A86D6 792A 4440 A320 56753C6D7F68

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!