Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Sure...if you get a chance. Sounds like we're pretty close, though. I can't tell for sure until they are gone, obviously...
Obviously they won’t last a super long time with the big voids between the lugs just like BH but I’m hoping to get 2k. Think they will be bald by then, which ok as long as not winter.
Surprised you’re not getting a little better then me with the somewhat lighter machine. We get much better longevity with the Wolverine, she’s got 3800 on factory BH. Very few problems but they are black logs soon, almost completely bald. Wife looking at new copies ASAP.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Obviously they won’t last a super long time with the big voids between the lugs just like BH but I’m hoping to get 2k. Think they will be bald by then, which ok as long as not winter.
Surprised you’re not getting a little better then me with the somewhat lighter machine. We get much better longevity with the Wolverine, she’s got 3800 on factory BH. Very few problems but they are black logs soon, almost completely bald. Wife looking at new copies ASAP.
How much rock you on? A lot of loose rock here. And I don't think I've ever been on pavement with these either.

I had original bighorns on my first 700, and I remember thinking they may go 4,000 mi or better. Best tire I've ever run.
The trilobites I'm running...I knew from them on the 500 that they weren't going to go anywhere near that, but I expected a little more. But then again we'll see.
I was hoping to see a cost versus result thing. The copies are a little less than half price of genuine bighorns, so if they last more than half as long it kind of makes sense from a money standpoint. But that doesn't seem to be the case. I'll probably go with two more rears and just wear the set out, and at that point I'll probably look at real big horns or maybe 2.0's.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
How much rock you on? A lot of loose rock here. And I don't think I've ever been on pavement with these either.

I had original bighorns on my first 700, and I remember thinking they may go 4,000 mi or better. Best tire I've ever run.
The trilobites I'm running...I knew from them on the 500 that they weren't going to go anywhere near that, but I expected a little more. But then again we'll see.
I was hoping to see a cost versus result thing. The copies are a little less than half price of genuine bighorns, so if they last more than half as long it kind of makes sense from a money standpoint. But that doesn't seem to be the case. I'll probably go with two more rears and just wear the set out, and at that point I'll probably look at real big horns or maybe 2.0's.
If I had to say percentages I’d say under 1% pavement, 20% rock and the rest dirt.
From what I’ve heard the original wears much better then the 2.0. I guess I’d try a set but they are brutal in price as far as I’m concerned. Like you say though if they only last half as long.
2.0 I love on the Wolverine but they aren’t enough on 1000. Winter good though. If I could afford to ever get it done I’d run 2.0 winter and then Ripsaw summer on separate wheels. But both really suck as a full time tire here but have huge advantages right time of year

Last edited:
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Cheers boys! Damned @Tramguage1 got me into one of these pellet grills and we use this thing 3-4 times a week! So even when you think you're good on spending money on the sxs, along come your "friends" to help spend the rest of your money!

PXL 20210430 010246684

Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Cheers boys! Damned @Tramguage1 got me into one of these pellet grills and we use this thing 3-4 times a week! So even when you think you're good on spending money on the sxs, along come your "friends" to help spend the rest of your money!

View attachment 269168
Dang that yard bird looks good.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah he's one of those "woke" guys now. Probably wears velcro shoes too! J/k I wish he would come east! But he's a looong ways away!

I don’t know about being “woke” just not drive from one side of the country to the other, passing way to many other places that I’ve never been to along the way

And 38 hours one way isn’t my kind of fun, I would spend more time driving to and from than I would be able to stay and enjoying the time there

18e499a319410f01c5c0b31e1eaafaed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!