DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Got an email from RMATV saying my case half for the input shaft on the front diff has been pushed back to 6/24. That'll make it 2 months (if it shows up then) to get the part.

Luckily, I kinda had a backup plan, and ordered another input seal and the little o ring that seals the half. Pulled it, and sure as s*** i put a scratch on the input yoke The first time i did the seal. In my defense, I don't have many tools at home and rarely plan ahead well for such things...so not done with the best of tools. I sanded it out with some fine sandpaper and put it back together. We'll see in a few weeks if it holds this time.

BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I set mine down this afternoon on my new scissor trailer that I was adding tie downs too. Pulled forward to put the trailer back under the pontoon and backed over it.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Got an email from RMATV saying my case half for the input shaft on the front diff has been pushed back to 6/24. That'll make it 2 months (if it shows up then) to get the part.

Luckily, I kinda had a backup plan, and ordered another input seal and the little o ring that seals the half. Pulled it, and sure as s*** i put a scratch on the input yoke The first time i did the seal. In my defense, I don't have many tools at home and rarely plan ahead well for such things...so not done with the best of tools. I sanded it out with some fine sandpaper and put it back together. We'll see in a few weeks if it holds this time.
I missed it. What happened

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I missed it. What happened
Front input seal on the front diff started leaking. Replaced it just before Bill came down to ride. Seemed fine for a few rides then started leaking even worse. Thought maybe the bearings were getting loose, so just got the whole assembly for $120 to cover all the bases. It's on back order.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Front input seal on the front diff started leaking. Replaced it just before Bill came down to ride. Seemed fine for a few rides then started leaking even worse. Thought maybe the bearings were getting loose, so just got the whole assembly for $120 to cover all the bases. It's on back order.
Gotcha. That seems pretty reasonable. Not to get your hopes up with way parts are but I’ve had real good luck lately on getting back ordered Honda stuff quicker as stated. Been buying through Ron Ayers Honda but don’t think that matters.

FF16

FF16

Nov 15, 2020
Southwest Wisconsin usa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Cheers
IMG 20220507 183120916 HDR

advertisement
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!