Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I know.... 🤣
You just need to upgrade to the i-4wd TL version.....problem solved
I wish there was something in between. But I’m getting more use to it, you gotta hammer down sometimes you might not necessarily want to and you cannot run one side only through a washout, but I am going mostly where I want to. With the Talon it’s weird because I’m always in 4wd where Pioneer I’d be in anything from turf-diff. It’s not the end of the world and wouldn’t have any other machine. Also no broken axles for either of us that had one.

SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I wish there was something in between. But I’m getting more use to it, you gotta hammer down sometimes you might not necessarily want to and you cannot run one side only through a washout, but I am going mostly where I want to. With the Talon it’s weird because I’m always in 4wd where Pioneer I’d be in anything from turf-diff. It’s not the end of the world and wouldn’t have any other machine. Also no broken axles for either of us that had one.
I agree, the I-4wd has not stopped me from any climb or trail. But it has save a lot of broken axels on my rigs with how many different, unexperienced people I put in the driver's seat. My Talons have been like the town whore....everyone has had a turn! And they keep going!)

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I agree, the I-4wd has not stopped me from any climb or trail. But it has save a lot of broken axels on my rigs with how many different, unexperienced people I put in the driver's seat. My Talons have been like the town whore....everyone has had a turn! And they keep going!)
It’s the @TripleB of sxs!

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I luv a good whore!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I have been winched a couple times where the Pioneers weren’t. And I will attribute at least some of the damage throughout the machine to being a little throttle heavy at times through tight stuff to get through. Slower speeds trying to be methodical it’s not as good and since you’re already in 4wd you’re stuck when you get stuck unlike diff where you click it in and reverse out.
Higher speeds less technical more open stuff it does very good, at times better, especially the faster you’re going. It does have positives as I’ve always said.
Almost 2900 this year has given me a pretty good feeL, oh and still officially nothing broken mechanically, that’s never happened on my 6 previous machines, so kudos to the Talon!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I added an inch in the front and 1.5” in the rear after the first ride (about 220 miles). Haven’t added any since and it’s been great. No rear sway bar
Man yours are way further down then mine. I know yours is R but mine are like 1/2 from top.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!