ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Spokane school shooting: Multiple injuries after high school shooting

Literally only a few miles from us. Not sure what the f*** is wrong with kids today. Real life doesn't have a reset button like all those video games out now and I'm think someone might just have to be held liable other then the kids sometimes.

I think part of it is there is no outlet for disagreements anymore, when I was in school you threw aside anything that wasn't your fist beat the crap out of each other and moved on. Most of the guys in my school had a gun in our trucks and a knife in our pockets, my principle actually asked to borrow my knife a couple of times.

Now if theres a fight its considered a hate crime or an actual criminal assault and battery, then schools can't/won't do anything about behavior because of all the first time helicopter parents who know more than educators with a Masters in Education and 20 years experience. Kids might as well step it up to a full on felony murder count if a schoolyard fight is going to prevent you from getting a decent job in 10 years.

Social media probably doesn't help its an online dog pile constantly for kids these days. We only got to smack talk/had to put up with it for a few mins here and there now its 24/7 harassment.

Add in parents who are absorbed into their phones and TVs instead of their kids lives.

Kids don't know what to do they are looking to adults to be an example.

Then you have the ones who have an actual mental illness. So throw in the now amped up issues, normal teen angst, on top of mental problems and they flip their s***.

Not justifying it, it scares the s*** out of me that my kids are going to have to deal with these risks, because parents don't parent and teachers aren't allowed to teach.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I think part of it is there is no outlet for disagreements anymore, when I was in school you threw aside anything that wasn't your fist beat the crap out of each other and moved on. Most of the guys in my school had a gun in our trucks and a knife in our pockets, my principle actually asked to borrow my knife a couple of times.

Now if theres a fight its considered a hate crime or an actual criminal assault and battery, then schools can't/won't do anything about behavior because of all the first time helicopter parents who know more than educators with a Masters in Education and 20 years experience. Kids might as well step it up to a full on felony murder count if a schoolyard fight is going to prevent you from getting a decent job in 10 years.

Social media probably doesn't help its an online dog pile constantly for kids these days. We only got to smack talk/had to put up with it for a few mins here and there now its 24/7 harassment.

Add in parents who are absorbed into their phones and TVs instead of their kids lives.

Kids don't know what to do they are looking to adults to be an example.

Then you have the ones who have an actual mental illness. So throw in the now amped up issues, normal teen angst, on top of mental problems and they flip their s***.

Not justifying it, it scares the s*** out of me that my kids are going to have to deal with these risks, because parents don't parent and teachers aren't allowed to teach.
I do believe there are many contributing factors but mainly in my eyes falls back to the parents. Not always but it does usually seem there were some missed signs, poor family values,disciplinary actions not used, schools not being allowed to do what's necessary and like you you said no outlets. Again holding parents to a degree accountable.
Can't help to think some is caused by the violence allowed to watch and play as a baby sitter for children at a young age. We're pretty free with our kids in some ways way more then most probably but there are just some things not allowed or tolerated.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I do believe there are many contributing factors but mainly in my eyes falls back to the parents. Not always but it does usually seem there were some missed signs, poor family values,disciplinary actions not used, schools not being allowed to do what's necessary and like you you said no outlets. Again holding parents to a degree accountable.
Can't help to think some is caused by the violence allowed to watch and play as a baby sitter for children at a young age. We're pretty free with our kids in some ways way more then most probably but there are just some things not allowed or tolerated.

Not a shrink but wife is a teacher for 12years, her aunt has taught for 40, my aunt taught for 35, have several friends who are teachers/coaches. Its sad the effort they put in and the way they are treated and limited.

Parents view teachers as a babysitter and a tablet/TV as a secondary babysitter.
Kids are a consequence of sex or an accessory to a majority of the parents they encounter these days.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not a shrink but wife is a teacher for 12years, her aunt has taught for 40, my aunt taught for 35, have several friends who are teachers/coaches. Its sad the effort they put in and the way they are treated and limited.

Parents view teachers as a babysitter and a tablet/TV as a secondary babysitter.
Kids are a consequence of sex or an accessory to a majority of the parents they encounter these days.
Wait until all the millennials figure out kids are an 18+ year tax break.

DPort

DPort

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2017
Lincoln, ME
Ownership

1. 1000-5

A friend of mine worked for the state in a counselling office and stated "kids are born with an empty slate...parent write all kinds of strange things on it". I agree, from what I see for actions on our school busses! There is no good ,legal, effective way to correct it, thanks to some really misguided federal, state and local rules.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Did somebody say feet??

The @JTW
challenge
FB IMG 1505478611157

Reactions: Plumber32
advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Eventually with enough of those you will all be shanking each other around the Eternal Flame :confused:
That just doesn't sound quite right!! Pretty sure at some point this weekend there will be someone who'll regret the video posted:)

advertisement