Flgator_80

Flgator_80

Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2017
Lexington, Tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lmao.. i’d RAM it!
View attachment 59710 new shoes on the Cummins today. Factory tires are not good in snow and ice. Needed something safe. Picking truck tires is 10xs harder than for the sxs.
I know I am trying to decide my self. My truck came w 22's and it is limiting my options. I like those and tried to look for them and they don't have them in 22

Reactions: Plumber32
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Factory 275 70 18. I really thought about going up a size for looks. But wider is worse in snow. And thats my main concern and purpose for dumping the stockers at 15,000
I'm really thinking hard about replacing the stock tires with the BFGs before I move from Arkansas to Washington. I'll be joining the family there in February and I'll be towing the tow hauler.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm really thinking hard about replacing the stock tires with the BFGs before I move from Arkansas to Washington. I'll be joining the family there in February and I'll be towing the tow hauler.

Do it they are rated for the load, you won’t regret it. They are actually really good tires, better on the street than any street tire I’ve ever had on a truck. Not noisy at all considering the tread pattern no droning (louder than a pure street tire but in the 10sets I’ve had it’s never been an annoyance at all)

Db5c76eff4e32cf9806c1e919e1b971d

Still holding air. Freak accident steel belt kept it from going through.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500

You didn't say Washington state or Washington DC - but it doesn't matter.
You won't need BFGs, you are gonna need a PRIUS.

(I give @CP a pass, he rides in Idaho)

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member

Washington state. Moving to Vancouver Washington.

Prius:eek: good grief:rolleyes: [HASHTAG]#neverhappen[/HASHTAG]

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

F-ing Prius! That's actually my company car which I don't mind driving as long as no one sees me lol. Instantly takes your balls away getting in!
What a joke though people have no idea, these engines don't need to pass current emissions and the batteries are the worst thing for the environment out there.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
F-ing Prius! That's actually my company car which I don't mind driving as long as no one sees me lol. Instantly takes your balls away getting in!
What a joke though people have no idea, these engines don't need to pass current emissions and the batteries are the worst thing for the environment out there.

Shhhhhhhhh........The company I work for also makes batteries, lots and Lots and LOTS of batteries.

Until power density and performance rival oil all the subsidies, legislation, and backroom deals won’t help electric cars.

Solar efficiency will need to skyrocket from <20% if electric cars truly want to stop being powered by fossil fuel. Once that happens Hydrogen fuel cells can be the cleanest solution but it takes a lot of energy (read $) to produce hydrogen along with hopefully cheaper solutions than Platinum for materials.

Right now internal combustion is king, but I think my grand kids at my age will look at a 24v Cummins or a new NSX like I view a horse and buggy. (If we don’t kill each other off and the robots take over before then)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Shhhhhhhhh........The company I work for also makes batteries, lots and Lots and LOTS of batteries.

Until power density and performance rival oil all the subsidies, legislation, and backroom deals won’t help electric cars.

Solar efficiency will need to skyrocket from <20% if electric cars truly want to stop being powered by fossil fuel. Once that happens Hydrogen fuel cells can be the cleanest solution but it takes a lot of energy (read $) to produce hydrogen along with hopefully cheaper solutions than Platinum for materials.

Right now internal combustion is king, but I think my grand kids at my age will look at a 24v Cummins or a new NSX like I view a horse and buggy. (If we don’t kill each other off and the robots take over before then)
Me shhh lol:) I just think it's funny how people think they are helping the planet by getting rid of their old car and replacing it with a hybrid or full "zero" emissions rig. People only believe what the so-and-so tells them and don't look things up for themselves. And emissions is a joke overall.
Solar is getting better, once we grab more of the blue light it'll be pretty efficient. Batteries have a long way to go especially to be eco friendly and I think something like a super capacitor could be a better deal but I guess we'll see what the future brings.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We looked at solar for our house to go off grid 100%(power is our only utility) but even with subsidies and tax breaks there was no ROI to do it. The cost was a significant portion of the build cost. So I put in a pathway to easily run cables to the roof later. That cost about $20 and took a few mins with the walls open.

Batteries with current tech/materials will never be eco friendly.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
We looked at solar for our house to go off grid 100%(power is our only utility) but even with subsidies and tax breaks there was no ROI to do it. The cost was a significant portion of the build cost. So I put in a pathway to easily run cables to the roof later. That cost about $20 and took a few mins with the walls open.

Batteries with current tech/materials will never be eco friendly.
You're right. And great idea on the setup for possible future.
Our bus is solar and can run sustainable even with occasional microwave use for 10 months of the year but I can imagine the overall cost and maintenance of a full house using day to day operations that we all "need" to survive

Reactions: ohanacreek

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!