H.F.A.W.H.A. meeting

Spellmajr

Spellmajr

Jul 10, 2016
North MS
Ownership

1. 500
Most things on these trucks are totally subjective and personal preference. Id be happy to own any of them and wouldnt lose sleep if your thinking of buying one over the other. I drove all of them and heres the reasons i chose the ram over the ford.
1- cummins motor 2nd to none in reliability. I work with 2 guys that lemoned there f250s last yr. Mostly electrical problems.

2- the ride. Coil over rear end is amazing. I can hit rail road track and not hop off the ground.

3- the technology and 8.4" touch screen was the best by far.

4- no crappy manual hubs with plastic gears

5- price $11,000 difference and the ford didnt have heated cloth or steering wheel.

6- milage. The Cummins is the king here. I was getting 13.5 mpg pulling 2 pioneers at 75. I think you were getting 10 pulling 1.
Thats 90 more miles per tank of fuel. If both are 30 gallon tanks.

Rest is pretty subjective as far as looks ect. I love the new fords looks. Seat comfort, and ford is quiter and faster.

What does your cummins fuel mileage average with normal driving. I drive basically all interstate to and from work. Very minimal stop and go traffic for me.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Most things on these trucks are totally subjective and personal preference. Id be happy to own any of them and wouldnt lose sleep if your thinking of buying one over the other. I drove all of them and heres the reasons i chose the ram over the ford.
1- cummins motor 2nd to none in reliability. I work with 2 guys that lemoned there f250s last yr. Mostly electrical problems.

2- the ride. Coil over rear end is amazing. I can hit rail road track and not hop off the ground.

3- the technology and 8.4" touch screen was the best by far.

4- no crappy manual hubs with plastic gears

5- price $11,000 difference and the ford didnt have heated cloth or steering wheel.

6- milage. The Cummins is the king here. I was getting 13.5 mpg pulling 2 pioneers at 75. I think you were getting 10 pulling 1.
Thats 90 more miles per tank of fuel. If both are 30 gallon tanks.

Rest is pretty subjective as far as looks ect. I love the new fords looks. Seat comfort, and ford is quiter and faster.
I was only getting 11.5-12 average when we drove one. But...when i was driving it was 85-90 coming into Takeover. Did hit triple digits on speed several times. Montana through the Dakotas is s*** mileage because of wind. Funny I didn't get nailed but @Eltobgi got us a ticket through a construction zone...

Koda

Koda

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Canton Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I chose the Dodge mostly because of the Cummins engine. It is like the Chevy 350 of the light/ med duty diesels. Bulletproof for the most part- Fords 6.7 dependability is still up in the air

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What does your cummins fuel mileage average with normal driving. I drive basically all interstate to and from work. Very minimal stop and go traffic for me.
15 -16 avg around town. Keep it to 70-72 on the interstate youll see avg 20-21 un loaded. Drove to Oklahoma and back over thanksgiving 800 miles each way was 17.8 went 80 + most of the time. Pulling my toy hauler at 72 to takeover and back was 13

Reactions: CumminsPusher
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
E253809759a60f71d305685582288198

Let’s get back on topic, bashing Prius and the weirdos that drive them.

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Right on schedule, every year right before Christmas we get dumped on. @WillyBill the ride is going to be b****en!
View attachment 59915

Not unless more than predicted falls - Nat'l Weather is calling for less than ONE inch by Sunday Morning!! Ya better start prayin'....just sayin'....Need at least a foot to call it "Dumped" on don't ya?:rolleyes:

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Not unless more than predicted falls - Nat'l Weather is calling for less than ONE inch by Sunday Morning!! Ya better start prayin'....just sayin'....Need at least a foot to call it "Dumped" on don't ya?:rolleyes:
We've got 6inches in 5 hours still snowing. Probably close to double that in the trail. They were offjust a bit

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I was only getting 11.5-12 average when we drove one. But...when i was driving it was 85-90 coming into Takeover. Did hit triple digits on speed several times. Montana through the Dakotas is s*** mileage because of wind. Funny I didn't get nailed but @Eltobgi got us a ticket through a construction zone...
:eek:I do not remember getting a ticket, are you sureo_O

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
:eek:I do not remember getting a ticket, are you sureo_O
Yes it was sent to Enterprise rental. We tracked time down to that area where we were looking at the fires on the left side of the road. Since it was a machine that took it it didn't go against anything. You gave me a couple things so I called it even lol. Absolutely no worries I was just giving you hell. But yes yes yes you did:)

Reactions: Eltobgi
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Going to a supper club tonight with the wife. Meeting my sister and her boyfriend tonight. These old fashioned diners are a big thing in Wisconsin. Usually in a rustic setting with excellent food and terrific stiff drinks. Most always a fireplace roaring and a moose head and other mounts. Dim lights, a candle at your table. Ect.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!