WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
They do and I even added more. I'm was fine for 3 days of below zero temps. Not sure why it happened. Must not have added enough I guess.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Maybe you added too much water the last time you watered it? LOL

Seriously - Fuel/Water separator had a bit too much water in it? or Fuel filter with just a bit too much age on it?

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They do and I even added more. I'm was fine for 3 days of below zero temps. Not sure why it happened. Must not have added enough I guess.

What did you do to fix it?

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What did you do to fix it?
Maybe you added too much water the last time you watered it? LOL

Seriously - Fuel/Water separator had a bit too much water in it? or Fuel filter with just a bit too much age on it?
Fuel filters are brand new. I treated with the white power service and that worked for a while. When it started to gel I added a quart of the red diesel 911 and let it idle a while. Fun fact, the red bottle says it does not prevent gelling. Only use to fix a gel problem. It doesn't make sense. Probably a lie so they sell more.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Fuel filters are brand new. I treated with the white power service and that worked for a while. When it started to gel I added a quart of the red diesel 911 and let it idle a while. Fun fact, the red bottle says it does not prevent gelling. Only use to fix a gel problem. It doesn't make sense. Probably a lie so they sell more.

That really sucks to hear. I add a 1/3 of a bottle of the white bottle to a tank. If i have problems my Cummins might turn into a Power Wagon right quick!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That really sucks to hear. I add a 1/3 of a bottle of the white bottle to a tank. If i have problems my Cummins might turn into a Power Wagon right quick!
We have yet to have any problems with our diesels gelling. Don’t add any fuel additives at all for gel. Not sure if Washington/Idaho uses a different percentage of additives in its fuel but never thought to add anything

Reactions: sharp
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We have yet to have any problems with our diesels gelling. Don’t add any fuel additives at all for gel. Not sure if Washington/Idaho uses a different percentage of additives in its fuel but never thought to add anything

Usually most big stations use pre treated diesel. Easy to tel if your fuel mileage sucks. Heck they use treated diesel here and we aren’t even that cold. Guess they do it so truckers are covered wherever they go. I gelled 7 years ago in my old duramax and took 5 days to thaw it out. Killed the battery a bunch of times trying to crank it. I put heaters on the fuel pump and filter, used 911, nothing worked to get it going again. Just waited on Mother Nature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand

If only they’d put a Cummins in the Power Wagon that truck would rule. I had a 2015 Power Wagon. Loved that truck but it guzzled fuel. Best mileage I ever got was around 13. Towing my Land Cruiser I averaged about 6.5 to 7.

When I moved to the lake and commuted 130 miles round trip, I sold it. Still miss that truck ....

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Good morning from Spokane Valley Washington. Beautiful sunrise this morning I wish I were looking at it from the hills rather the over a bunch of wrecked cars with power lines running through it lol
C82BDC5A 9F7F 4DFE 8794 FC6043A3F80F

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If only they’d put a Cummins in the Power Wagon that truck would rule. I had a 2015 Power Wagon. Loved that truck but it guzzled fuel. Best mileage I ever got was around 13. Towing my Land Cruiser I averaged about 6.5 to 7.

When I moved to the lake and commuted 130 miles round trip, I sold it. Still miss that truck ....

The new ones have the 4.10 rear end and the 6.4 hemi. And are reporting avg gas milage for a gas 3/4 ton. The new ones with retro 70s looks are tempting to me. The cummins in it would be awsome. They say its too heavy for off road.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I had one with a 6.4 and 4.10s. It still sucked gas down like a sailor on shore leave.

Reactions: Plumber32 and JTW
advertisement
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
#1 I dunno

#2 Depends how you drive it... I won’t say 28 but it will get up there if you stay out of it.. the problem is you just can’t help yourself!!

#3 I did like my dodge (5.7 hemi)... but there is no comparison when it comes to pulling something.
What year was your ram?

J

JTW

What year was your ram?
07... it was a good truck! I bought it used right out of college (08) with 54k miles for $14,500.. drove it to 190k and got $10k trade in on it. Spent very little on it in those years... although it’s not near as fancy as the f150. It fit me better. I still can’t get fully comfortable in the ford. It’s like the steering wheel is too far forward and the peddles too close.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
07... it was a good truck! I bought it used right out of college (08) with 54k miles for $14,500.. drove it to 190k and got $10k trade in on it. Spent very little on it in those years... although it’s not near as fancy as the f150. It fit me better. I still can’t get fully comfortable in the ford. It’s like the steering wheel is too far forward and the peddles too close.
The 2013 and up are a completely different truck than even the 11. Power, 8 speed transmission. Interior. Ect. I kinda have the same problem the fords never quite fit me right. Gm and ram do though.

Reactions: Tigermark and JTW
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
#1 I dunno

#2 Depends how you drive it... I won’t say 28 but it will get up there if you stay out of it.. the problem is you just can’t help yourself!!

#3 I did like my dodge (5.7 hemi)... but there is no comparison when it comes to pulling something.
Really didn't intend to spark a debate. Just thought it was funny...

They are all very nice trucks. I'd buy the Dodg...er, i mean Ram just for the looks alone.

I was always told that Ford sued the US for smoking its german plant during WWII...don't know how true that is. Not to mention all the rumors of antisemitism from Ford. Then there was all the underhanded stuff involving the vehicle we've come to know as a "jeep" today. John Force' Funny car Mustang (back before he was forced to Chevy again) proudly proclaimed "Boss" on the valve covers while ford produced much documation about how they were so clever in developing this engine. Except...it is, like all fuel engines, a direct derivative of the Chrysler 2G Hemi that Ford had little to do with. Then there was the Triton cylinder head debacle, wherein the plugs wouldn't stay in the head until ford "fixed" this by making the plugs impossible to remove. Understandable, since plugs and cylinder heads had only been around for...i dunno...100 YEARS at that point! Not to mention that i find Dennis leary very annoying.

Again, very nice stuff they are turning out...but due to the above, i doubt I'll ever be much of a Ford fan, and if i really needed to pull stuff, I'd go for a Cummins and know what its like to be what powerstrokes dream of being.

advertisement