Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Really didn't intend to spark a debate. Just thought it was funny...

They are all very nice trucks. I'd buy the Dodg...er, i mean Ram just for the looks alone.

I was always told that Ford sued the US for smoking its german plant during WWII...don't know how true that is. Not to mention all the rumors of antisemitism from Ford. Then there was all the underhanded stuff involving the vehicle we've come to know as a "jeep" today. John Force' Funny car Mustang (back before he was forced to Chevy again) proudly proclaimed "Boss" on the valve covers while ford produced much documation about how they were so clever in developing this engine. Except...it is, like all fuel engines, a direct derivative of the Chrysler 2G Hemi that Ford had little to do with. Then there was the Triton cylinder head debacle, wherein the plugs wouldn't stay in the head until ford "fixed" this by making the plugs impossible to remove. Understandable, since plugs and cylinder heads had only been around for...i dunno...100 YEARS at that point! Not to mention that i find Dennis leary very annoying.

Again, very nice stuff they are turning out...but due to the above, i doubt I'll ever be much of a Ford fan, and if i really needed to pull stuff, I'd go for a Cummins and know what its like to be what powerstrokes dream of being.
Your a dam genius!

Reactions: DG Rider
J

JTW

The 2013 and up are a completely different truck than even the 11. Power, 8 speed transmission. Interior. Ect. I kinda have the same problem the fords never quite fit me right. Gm and ram do though.
Yeah.. I may trade the f150 in this year and get her an suv. We’ll see how the year goes. The anemic Chevy 5.3 is fine for whatbit is but I think I’ll step up to something bigger. I sure like the look of the f250 but we’ll see what happens between now and then in the truck world.

J

JTW

They are all very nice trucks. I'd buy the Dodg...er, i mean Ram just for the looks alone.

I was always told that Ford sued the US for smoking its german plant during WWII...don't know how true that is. Not to mention all the rumors of antisemitism from Ford. Then there was all the underhanded stuff involving the vehicle we've come to know as a "jeep" today. John Force' Funny car Mustang (back before he was forced to Chevy again) proudly proclaimed "Boss" on the valve covers while ford produced much documation about how they were so clever in developing this engine. Except...it is, like all fuel engines, a direct derivative of the Chrysler 2G Hemi that Ford had little to do with. Then there was the Triton cylinder head debacle, wherein the plugs wouldn't stay in the head until ford "fixed" this by making the plugs impossible to remove. Understandable, since plugs and cylinder heads had only been around for...i dunno...100 YEARS at that point! Not to mention that i find Dennis leary very annoying.

Again, very nice stuff they are turning out...but due to the above, i doubt I'll ever be much of a Ford fan, and if i really needed to pull stuff, I'd go for a Cummins and know what its like to be what powerstrokes dream of being.
I love the look of the f250.. and the new 1500 rams....but for a work truck I’ll find something used with low miles. Whatever it might be.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
BITD...
Watching a young Nicky Hayden in a very exciting race...

I very clearly remember watching this live. Doesn't seem like it was 16 years ago.

J

JTW

Oh f*** truck fight!
C69DD85A 2018 47F7 826A 417DE5D528AF

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah.. I may trade the f150 in this year and get her an suv. We’ll see how the year goes. The anemic Chevy 5.3 is fine for whatbit is but I think I’ll step up to something bigger. I sure like the look of the f250 but we’ll see what happens between now and then in the truck world.

I got a duramax and toyhauler I’ll make you a package deal on! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW and Plumber32
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'll sell you my f250 and deliver

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

advertisement
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3

I recall during the market crash that Ford was the only US auto company that didn't take the government bailout.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I recall during the market crash that Ford was the only US auto company that didn't take the government bailout.

That is true. Chrysler paid back the complete loan and GM took money and ran.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
We lost a lot of money. I bet I couldn't fly to DC in a corporate jet and get billions of dollars for a bail out. Then they got a gov. subsidized "cash for clunker" program that drove everyone to buy new cars and totally screwed the used car dealers. 2b88afcb367d486713a817874e187229

Reactions: JTW
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We lost a lot of money. I bet I couldn't fly to DC in a corporate jet and get billions of dollars for a bail out. Then they got a gov. subsidized "cash for clunker" program that drove everyone to buy new cars and totally screwed the used car dealers. View attachment 61231

Me and 2 other guys just started a used car dealership then cash for clunkers happened. Perfect used cars that we could get wholesale for under 10k was no longer. We could sell a $4000 used car or van all day that we picked up for around $1500. Cash for clunkers made it impossible to deal. Luckily it was just a side deal and not a full time job.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!