Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol I've gotten a few of those. Hey it's worth whatever somebody will pay.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Omg weve got so much spam on Craigslist in my area people trying to sell a 400EX for $9,000

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Lol I've gotten a few of those. Hey it's worth whatever somebody will pay.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
LOL..yeah, for sure.

I know jeeps have insane resale, but at the end of the day, its a spruced up base 4 cylinder YJ with no A/C (albeit in great shape). '95's were made longer than the usual model year in prep for the new 1997 TJ (technically, there were no 1996 Jeep Wranglers), and i recall seeing many of them BITD, so i doubt its all that rare. For comparison, i bought a NEW 2000 Sport for just over $20K.

My guess is he promised his wife he would sell it when he really doesn't want to.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
LOL..yeah, for sure.

I know jeeps have insane resale, but at the end of the day, its a spruced up base 4 cylinder YJ with no A/C (albeit in great shape). '95's were made longer than the usual model year in prep for the new 1997 TJ (technically, there were no 1996 Jeep Wranglers), and i recall seeing many of them BITD, so i doubt its all that rare. For comparison, i bought a NEW 2000 Sport for just over $20K.

My guess is he promised his wife he would sell it when he really doesn't want to.
Hey don’t make fun of 4 popper jeeps, the one I posted is 700 ft pounds tq with a 3.9 4cyl. But it’s cummins lol

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey don’t make fun of 4 popper jeeps, the one I posted is 700 ft pounds tq with a 3.9 4cyl. But it’s cummins lol
Oh...i have nothing against 4 hole'ers. 4 cylinder jeeps (with 1/2 the power of this one) won a war for goodness sakes. But...not everyone feels that way, and I'm just saying that as a 4 cylinder AND a YJ...it is, perhaps, the least desirable Wrangler ever made.

Have you seen Fred Williams' "Tube Sock" TJ?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Oh...i have nothing against 4 hole'ers. 4 cylinder jeeps (with 1/2 the power of this one) won a war for goodness sakes. But...not everyone feels that way, and I'm just saying that as a 4 cylinder AND a YJ...it is, perhaps, the least desirable Wrangler ever made.

Gearing changes power. Real off road isn’t 65mph it’s crawling:):) truth be told though I’d take a Land Cruiser over a Jeep any day!!!

J

JTW

Lol.. that was my first vehicle. Dad still drives it actually... but you put it in 4low and it will go!! And speaking of 4 banger that won a war...
C6294AFF C45A 4139 9D88 66E884F4792F

However, the rubicon is awesome and I gave less than that for it!
FD2C2FBD 38B4 412B 90F0 50DC01A77E27 8590D191 1100 40BF BAD2 544A248E89DE

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Lol.. that was my first vehicle. Dad still drives it actually... but you put it in 4low and it will go!! And speaking of 4 banger that won a war...
View attachment 61289

However, the rubicon is awesome and I gave less than that for it!
View attachment 61291 View attachment 61290
You talking about the YJ (1st vehicle)? The last jeep I've owned was a 1991 YJ 4.0 (when i say jeep, I'm talking traditional, short wheelbase descendant of the CJ). Yes, it was cool in a way only jeeps can be...BUT, honestly, my stock suspension YJ wasn't as good off-road as a Cherokee my wife later owned. Add an OME 2.5" lift and some 31 10.50's and you've got a CJ-7 with a frame that doesn't crack, slightly better ride, and that nice fuel injected 4.0. But...i just HATE the square headlights, and always will. Somebody was making a grill conversion, but apparently have stopped, and thats too bad, as i would be ok with buying a YJ and putting the grill on (and saving some money over a later models).
I really liked the JK's when they came out...but to be honest, these days i think I'd just pick up an old used TJ. I don't like the high belt line of the JK's.

My most recent JK drive was in Moab, UT. How fitting...

Reactions: sharp and JTW
J

JTW

You talking about the YJ (1st vehicle)? The last jeep I've owned was a 1991 YJ 4.0 (when i say jeep, I'm talking traditional, short wheelbase descendant of the CJ). Yes, it was cool in a way only jeeps can be...BUT, honestly, my stock suspension YJ wasn't as good off-road as a Cherokee my wife later owned. Add an OME 2.5" lift and some 31 10.50's and you've got a CJ-7 with a frame that doesn't crack, slightly better ride, and that nice fuel injected 4.0. But...i just HATE the square headlights, and always will. Somebody was making a grill conversion, but apparently have stopped, and thats too bad, as i would be ok with buying a YJ and putting the grill on (and saving some money over a later models).
I really liked the JK's when they came out...but to be honest, these days i think I'd just pick up an old used TJ. I don't like the high belt line of the JK's.

My most recent JK drive was in Moab, UT. How fitting...

Yes.. a 95 yj was my first vehicle.

I agree.. I liked the tj and the in-line 6 (if you’re looking to off-road). The jk (and yes, I mean jeep not soccer Mom ride) is a great on-road/off-road vehicle. Better than the tj actually if you use it as a vehicle and not an off road toy. I miss the full tub vs the body panels. The yj has some oddities.. the suspension does suck. Like you I never got the square headlights. But the simplicity of the 4 banger yj is very nice compared to all the electronic bs. I do wish it had the 6 though.

But if you wanna talk about a raw power house.. my old 48 flat head 4 Willy’s there will scare ya! Lol..

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
And all of these Land Cruisers came with Diesel engines from factory

544f549ed63c376676e9bb02c13d4ec6

3cb940b0880481a556a669a89d4fa7ee

Mine (last pic) will be for sale soon. I have my eyes on another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Yes but...I don't think I'd look good in dread locks...

Not a one of the drivers at the event where I posted pics from (25 vehicles) had dread locks. Most of us have to challenge our barbers to charge us full price !

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Not a one of the drivers at the event where I posted pics from (25 vehicles) had dread locks. Most of us have to challenge our barbers to charge us full price !

Do you wear sandals and khaki shorts and use the term doood a lot? Could have been a regional thing from the NC mountains...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!