H.F.A.W.H.A. meeting

J

JTW

To my way of thinking that is a real sport.
Shooting a duck with a shotgun-duck has no chance of a recourse.
Nothing against hunting or guns, but dont try to tell me its a sport.
Remember how the dog on Nintendo would laugh when you missed the ducks? Remember how it just kept getting harder and faster as the game went on? Well, in real life they start out fast and don’t slow down. Shooting a wood duck cruising thru the trees is like trying to hit a fly with a spitwad! And as for safety.. there’s nothing more dangerous than an excited newb swinging too far in the excitement of the shot!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Remember how the dog on Nintendo would laugh when you missed the ducks? Remember how it just kept getting harder and faster as the game went on? Well, in real life they start out fast and don’t slow down. Shooting a wood duck cruising thru the trees is like trying to hit a fly with a spitwad! And as for safety.. there’s nothing more dangerous than an excited newb swinging too far in the excitement of the shot!

In that case don’t yell “DUCK!”

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Speaking of hunting...i was in the grocery store the other day, i snuck up to the meat cooler, picked out a steak with nice marbled fat all throughout it, hurried up to the register and bought it, i even knocked 6 Coors lights in the head, all still in season...lol

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anybody looking for a good Honda hauler and live close to Kentucky I think I'd go look at this one. Wifey says no until Honda's is paid for www.tpdtrailersales.com/2016-custom-toy-hauler-camper-VSHf.html Af1c785325b074eb4ef3a81a1ee1c2e5Da76f5087845d841293261a8334acec8C15cb3d8506afcc4cf8106c46f46e67e
@100Acre
Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
@100Acre

Last edited:
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think the biggest thing is it didn't have a shower I told her we could put a cowboy shower outside and I would go ahead and run the roof all the way to the end of the trailer move the awning to the side

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
He did but I was always more interested in riding and muddin the old Honda ATCs around camp than hunting...lol
Sounds kinda like me. Having to wipe coon blood off the hands as a 10 year old prob had something to do with it. Truth is, i like everything about hunting except the actual hunting part. I have no problem with it...its just not my thing.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds kinda like me. Having to wipe coon blood off the hands as a 10 year old prob had something to do with it. Truth is, i like everything about hunting except the actual hunting part. I have no problem with it...its just not my thing.

Me too, I love shooting and shooting sports but as long as I can go to the grocery store I am leaning that way

But now go 4 min into this video... I would try that

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Yeah i probably didnt have the right mindset as a kid. It requires patience that i still dont have to this day. I have nothing against hunting at all. Its a great lifestyle. Its true though, our hunting trips turned into riding trips. This was back before 4 wheelers caught on. If i joined a hunting club today it would be to ride on the land during the off season. ;)

advertisement
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: BWAF
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Orwell warns that we will be overcome by an externally imposed oppression. But in Huxley's vision, no Big Brother is required to deprive people of their autonomy, maturity and history. As he saw it, people will come to love their oppression, to adore the technologies that undo their capacities to think.

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
My dad and I hunted every year when I was living at home up until I graduated high school. When I left for college, I never got back into it.

A few years afternoon I was gone, someone broke into my parents house and stole dad’s best hunting rifles and he never got back into hunting either... they caught the bastard but never recovered the guns as he’d already pawned/traded them for drugs.

We’ve been out on the land recently ‘hunting’ but have always let them go. It’s not like we’re overrun with deer and like @Ragnar406 said, as long as we have the ability to buy food, don’t think we’ll end up taking them.

If SHTF tho, we’d definitely hunt them to survive. I will say, however, it had been a long, long time since I had any venison and on the Mulberry ride, @nbomar had some there he shared and I had a massive urge to go hunting, lol... it was so damn good and brought back great memories, who knows what might happen this fall!!

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My dad and I hunted every year when I was living at home up until I graduated high school. When I left for college, I never got back into it.

A few years afternoon I was gone, someone broke into my parents house and stole dad’s best hunting rifles and he never got back into hunting either... they caught the bastard but never recovered the guns as he’d already pawned/traded them for drugs.

We’ve been out on the land recently ‘hunting’ but have always let them go. It’s not like we’re overrun with deer and like @Ragnar406 said, as long as we have the ability to buy food, don’t think we’ll end up taking them.

If SHTF tho, we’d definitely hunt them to survive. I will say, however, it had been a long, long time since I had any venison and on the Mulberry ride, @nbomar had some there he shared and I had a massive urge to go hunting, lol... it was so damn good and brought back great memories, who knows what might happen this fall!!

If you need a “hunting buddy” I’m your man. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I still enjoy hunting...mostly for the peace of early morning..and watching the sun rise..not for the kill..but we eat the hell outta some deer meat lol.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I think I got a little excited.
Get up at 3am put on my cold weather gear because its 20 outside to bust ice around a blind or pit painstakingly camouflaged, load up my dog that has been trained for hours weekly for duck hunting. Call the ducks with special calls for the certain duck, each having a purpose and tone. Ducks are getting close now after all this work, I can hear the flutter of the wings as they cup and a wooshing sound as they sail into the pit. Hours I have worked for this moment just to get these flying beauties into this small area I have cleared just for them. I slowly pull up my ..... sling shot? spear? as it splashes into the water harmlessly. All the ducks alarmed at my folley race to the sky safe once again. Well at least it was a sport because I didn't use a shotgun, a sky cannon that miraculously causes all the flying foes to fall dead without impunity.

Went bowling afterwards so I could get my sports in.

:p:p

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hey @GlockMeister, got some Russell’s Reserve as well as the Rebel Yell. Russell’s tastes so similar to Weller I bet I couldn’t pick it out in a blind test... the Rebel was ok too. Rebel is around the same price of Weller, but Russell’s was almost twice as much, so if you want something as good but cheaper, grab a bottle of Weller - don’t think you’ll be disappointed.
9188CBEF 01B8 4035 8161 63A2CA9FD646

We’re currently out here in NC and I picked up a bottle of Stranahans that I’d been wanting to try since it was cheaper here, as well as some smoked maple knob creek. After a little taste of the smoked maple, I’m wanting to cover some pancakes with it!
E2D7EC4C 6083 461B A115 723FFB24E6AE

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Whats funny is I'm a big ol' mountain boy, usually sporting a beard (though not at the moment), usually in some sort of hiking boot, and a Carhartt toboggan in winter. I look like Yukon Cornelius without the frenchy moustache. Yet...I'm not a big fan of beer or country music (plenty of country songs i like, though). I'm really just kinda average white boy...

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!