Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Damn, that looks ugly. Hope it works out
Not my first rodeo I’ve fixed much worse but never on such a low value car. She’ll be just fine.
She’s actually a very good car, under 100k 3.4l runs and drives excellent. Older guy that takes care of everything. All works except the driver window, not sure what’s wrong there:)
Couldn’t afford the Jap cars I’d prefer but good enough for now.

Last edited:
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The bad news other then the obvious for some is...it’s got a small door ding.
View attachment 84584

Do what ya gotta do when things are tight and I’ll cheers to that!
View attachment 84587

We used two trucks to straighten a geo metro so a buddy had a commuter car to the paper mill he worked at.

Use what you have available but the doors would open and shut when we were done.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
We used two trucks to straighten a geo metro so a buddy had a commuter car to the paper mill he worked at.

Use what you have available but the doors would open and shut when we were done.
Lol I’ve used truck and trees myself before. Redneck engineering works in a pinch most of us here that off-road hard know that.

advertisement
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Not my first rodeo I’ve fixed much worse but never on such a low value car. She’ll be just fine.
She’s actually a very good car, under 100k 3.4l runs and drives excellent. Older guy that takes care of everything. All works except the driver window, not sure what’s wrong there:)
Couldn’t afford the Jap cars I’d prefer but good enough for now.
Love those V-6's. The intakes have paid several bills for me over the years.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Love those V-6's. The intakes have paid several bills for me over the years.
Ya ya I know. Was actually looking for a Supra, Fox body Mustang or 300z but couldn’t find anything to fix up cheaply. I wanted a rear drive dependable two door. Damn front drivers. At least with gm you can call one of the neighbors for parts from the 10 they have out back:)
I’m not a gm guy but other then the 2.8 I’ve had good luck with thier v6’s.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Ya ya I know. Was actually looking for a Supra, Fox body Mustang or 300z but couldn’t find anything to fix up cheaply. I wanted a rear drive dependable two door. Damn front drivers. At least with gm you can call one of the neighbors for parts from the 10 they have out back:)
I’m not a gm guy but other then the 2.8 I’ve had good luck with thier v6’s.
It's nothing I'd lose sleep over...won't strand you unless you ignore the dropping coolant or water in the oil. May have been done before anyway. The redesigned gaskets they came out with years ago supposedly stop it. Really haven't ever seen much with them outside of that.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It's nothing I'd lose sleep over...won't strand you unless you ignore the dropping coolant or water in the oil. May have been done before anyway. The redesigned gaskets they came out with years ago supposedly stop it. Really haven't ever seen much with them outside of that.
Its a short term solution. I’ll sell by 120k so it’s still worth something, make a buck and move on. Definitely don’t expect any problems before that.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Smears Yellers..
IMG 5134

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You know it was kinda weird hanging with you the first time because I’m not use to being in the woods at night with adults that don’t drink. No big deal with the right people that still like to have fun, we always had a pretty damn good time. You get into enough trouble sober. Remember that hanging revs mudpit in GoldCreek??? Bhahaha That was fun

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You know it was kinda weird hanging with you the first time because I’m not use to being in the woods at night with adults that don’t drink. No big deal with the right people that still like to have fun, we always had a pretty damn good time. You get into enough trouble sober. Remember that hanging revs mudpit in GoldCreek??? Bhahaha
IMG 1702

advertisement