ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I never have Friday night beer pics... and I almost missed it this time. Buuuuut.... somebody’s making room for 30’s!!
View attachment 86259

I’ll be starting a pool to place bets on what breaks first (tierod, axle, diff) and when. $10 a bet, two closest split the pot, unless someone gets it exact.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
32045E79 73DD 4693 BD7B 666B3EC0C807
View attachment 86253
cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Next time you come out let’s get you stuck in our back 40. Probably tougher terrain then most fire traps with pretty stickers run. Not where we want to be but still riding!!
By the way I’m really happy with clutch update! Those that know the whole story,it is fully there and It feels wonderful! Honda came through with not only our update but also new clutches. Pj was a pile of s*** period but we got out original “Bye Bye Side” back, the one that was solid till the water issue. I’m in love with the Pioneer again.

Last edited:
J

JTW

Well that was entirely more difficult than it should have been.. When I had the ball joints pressed in they tore a boot and replaced it with an all-balls (I think) and it doesn’t seal for s***. So after messing with it too long I said f-it and put it on anyway. I’ll replace the ball joint another day. So everything is going along and then I go to take the upper stock arm off and I realize the EMP winch Mount bolts are in the way. So now I have to take that half apart and screw with the bumper and mount. Finally get it going my way and putting it all back together and see that they boogered up the threads and taper on the upper ball joint that has the replacement boot. So I get out my file and screw with it for waaaay too long. Finally get it to work and then on to the passenger side. It went smooth and took a fraction of the time. But I only got the front together and then see I’m out of thread locker. Oh well. I’ll do the rears tomorrow night. Thankfully, @Windrock1000 gave me all the camber measurements and they were spot on so I didn’t have to screw with that. Nothing like waiting until the last minute to do a project that should be pretty straight forward.
3A9BFBD8 0AA0 4F5D 8252 1F72DFC0C275

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
One more thing.. I see I need brake pads so ordered them. Hopefully they’ll be here in time. I also put on spacers. Should I add some anti seize between them and the hub?
I don’t think it’s necessary but I did when I installed mine! Did you install the steering stops?

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well that was entirely more difficult than it should have been.. When I had the ball joints pressed in they tore a boot and replaced it with an all-balls (I think) and it doesn’t seal for s***. So after messing with it too long I said f-it and put it on anyway. I’ll replace the ball joint another day. So everything is going along and then I go to take the upper stock arm off and I realize the EMP winch Mount bolts are in the way. So now I have to take that half apart and screw with the bumper and mount. Finally get it going my way and putting it all back together and see that they boogered up the threads and taper on the upper ball joint that has the replacement boot. So I get out my file and screw with it for waaaay too long. Finally get it to work and then on to the passenger side. It went smooth and took a fraction of the time. But I only got the front together and then see I’m out of thread locker. Oh well. I’ll do the rears tomorrow night. Thankfully, @Windrock1000 gave me all the camber measurements and they were spot on so I didn’t have to screw with that. Nothing like waiting until the last minute to do a project that should be pretty straight forward.View attachment 86263
Make sure to check your alignment when your done..mine was out a good bit after doing the front arms. Looks good man!

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well that was entirely more difficult than it should have been.. When I had the ball joints pressed in they tore a boot and replaced it with an all-balls (I think) and it doesn’t seal for s***. So after messing with it too long I said f-it and put it on anyway. I’ll replace the ball joint another day. So everything is going along and then I go to take the upper stock arm off and I realize the EMP winch Mount bolts are in the way. So now I have to take that half apart and screw with the bumper and mount. Finally get it going my way and putting it all back together and see that they boogered up the threads and taper on the upper ball joint that has the replacement boot. So I get out my file and screw with it for waaaay too long. Finally get it to work and then on to the passenger side. It went smooth and took a fraction of the time. But I only got the front together and then see I’m out of thread locker. Oh well. I’ll do the rears tomorrow night. Thankfully, @Windrock1000 gave me all the camber measurements and they were spot on so I didn’t have to screw with that. Nothing like waiting until the last minute to do a project that should be pretty straight forward.View attachment 86263
Looks good!

Reactions: BWAF
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Looks good! I wish I would have checked the grease passages before I installed mine. After running mine without the a arm guards, I decided not to reinstall them, I like how mud doesn't pile up on the guards.

advertisement
J

JTW

Looks good! I wish I would have checked the grease passages before I installed mine. After running mine without the a arm guards, I decided not to reinstall them, I like how mud doesn't pile up on the guards.
Yeah.. I’ve debated on using my uhmw scraps from my skid build. But I don’t think I’m gunna. Same reasoning.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Side job primed. 7 hrs on the sheet it’s done in 1.5. Can’t tell I’m in a hurry to go riding?! I’ll paint it tomorrow night late as for now @100Acre we are loaded up and will be leaving in 45. Hope you saved us a spot:)
3BA30723 44F6 40EA A0FC 745A89AB8281

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thankfully, @Windrock1000 gave me all the camber measurements and they were spot on so I didn’t have to screw with that.View attachment 86263

What were his measurements, having a hard time finding them, doing my front tonight. Struggled with my passenger side upper arm bolt, finally got it out to find it was as straight as a politician D54e7d41fdc98ec67c2770b147c7bc8dBe4df2022fd90c1ef46fcc50600e9a9c

J

JTW

What were his measurements, having a hard time finding them, doing my front tonight. Struggled with my passenger side upper arm bolt, finally got it out to find it was as straight as a politician View attachment 86325View attachment 86326

Fronts...
C650475E AC8F 4D67 8E2B B2DD4EACB060

He sent me pics of the thread counts for the rears. I’ll take a pic of my measurements for the rears when I get back out to the shop. (just finished one of the rears and I’m at the house getting a bite and seeing the girls before bed)

Reactions: BWAF and sharp
advertisement