Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I don't know about leading. But polaris, canam, Yamaha are way ahead on accessories like light years. And cab technology, cab comforts.
Oh for sure everyone has Honda beat on that. Yamaha does have nice accessories for the wolverine I like how they just drop in the slots. I haven't seen a yamaha cab but can am and Polaris definitely have Honda beat in that area. I felt like the Honda fit and finish as far as the knobs, switches etc was a little nicer and seemed to be better quality than can am or Yamahas that I looked at. All the other areas could sure use some improvement.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

advertisement
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just to keep the pot stirred @Cuoutdoors

I will agree that ford knows how to make a truck. Even their heaviest of trucks they know what to use to power it 1fb9bb1d27f799418dc10cccd5d48fc8Abd2898a11a0845f156e21e2d92ab72cDbb4c1c2b3728cbca6e3eba2e8c34ba0
They used the right 6.7l
874056378f75943fe852c6a12cd5cfa6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
And I thought only first gen Ranchargers had soft top available
View attachment 87397
My 1st car. 1979 w/360 in that light green metallic they made.Dubbed the "womp wagon" by my buddies, somebody had wheeled pretty extensively, and it had (if I recall) 33 12.50/16.5's. Can't believe somebody thought 16.5's would be good off road, but apparently they used to be the thing. Lost the bead Every Time you farted.

It had led a hard life and i wasn't much of a mechanic back then. The steering had like 1/4 turn of play. After a month or so, the 360 started to knock (who knows if it had any oil in it :rolleyes:). My neighbors were the local shadetree shop and they swapped a 318 in. Shortly after, the double-cardan joint went bad at the t-case and they replaced it, but apparently left some bolts loose or something, as it still had an odd noise...but i was busy being 18 or 19 and didn't have time for such things.

Couple of days later, i was to go see my GF at the time, and my buddy wanted to hitch a ride into town with me. I went to get him, and he had apparently been on quite a bender the night before and simply wouldn't get out of bed, so i left his ass. About 8 miles later, the whole thing finally let go and came up through the floorboard almost hard enough to hit the top of the cab right where his legs would have been. Probably would have broken one or both.
I coasted to the side of the road and attempted to lock the t case to get back home (NP203), but it must have damaged it (or the linkage), as it wouldn't budge. Really only gave a courtesy look under the thing, as at this point i was mad enough to take a sledge to it anyway. Sold it for scrap and never saw it again.

This was the start of a lifetime of regretting letting other people work on my stuff, though i did no favors by letting it roll when i knew something was wrong. Wasn't too long before i regretted selling the thing. Those were awesome rigs, and if i win the lotto tomorrow, my hobby will be restoring old Dodges and Jeeps. Comfy ride...smooth controls...accurate, precise steering...those trucks had none of that. Those trucks were for when men were men and weren't afraid to act like it.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
My 1st car. 1979 w/360 in that light green metallic they made.Dubbed the "womp wagon" by my buddies, somebody had wheeled pretty extensively, and it had (if I recall) 33 12.50/16.5's. Can't believe somebody thought 16.5's would be good off road, but apparently they used to be the thing. Lost the bead Every Time you farted.

It had led a hard life and i wasn't much of a mechanic back then. The steering had like 1/4 turn of play. After a month or so, the 360 started to knock (who knows if it had any oil in it :rolleyes:). My neighbors were the local shadetree shop and they swapped a 318 in. Shortly after, the double-cardan joint went bad at the t-case and they replaced it, but apparently left some bolts loose or something, as it still had an odd noise...but i was busy being 18 or 19 and didn't have time for such things.

Couple of days later, i was to go see my GF at the time, and my buddy wanted to hitch a ride into town with me. I went to get him, and he had apparently been on quite a bender the night before and simply wouldn't get out of bed, so i left his ass. About 8 miles later, the whole thing finally let go and came up through the floorboard almost hard enough to hit the top of the cab right where his legs would have been. Probably would have broken one or both.
I coasted to the side of the road and attempted to lock the t case to get back home (NP203), but it must have damaged it (or the linkage), as it wouldn't budge. Really only gave a courtesy look under the thing, as at this point i was mad enough to take a sledge to it anyway. Sold it for scrap and never saw it again.

This was the start of a lifetime of regretting letting other people work on my stuff, though i did no favors by letting it roll when i knew something was wrong. Wasn't too long before i regretted selling the thing. Those were awesome rigs, and if i win the lotto tomorrow, my hobby will be restoring old Dodges and Jeeps. Comfy ride...smooth controls...accurate, precise steering...those trucks had none of that. Those trucks were for when men were men and weren't afraid to act like it.
Like this one! Wish I had the video of it giving that chain hell hooked to the bus all sideways. All 4 tires were smoking in the mud. Wife was driving actually

BE1B6337 C6D3 4412 9448 B0F1F638113E

I miss my old locker Dodge trucks with the rock crusher trans. Had a 79 RC built same as well. 413 4 speed with 3/4 running gear.
At some point before long I’m going back to first gen Cummins.rude and crude but gets the job done. Not worried about scratches lol. I love our 98 and it was always the holy grail of trucks for me but for what it’s worth I can have a bad ass ‘92 that will carry anything rather then tow and a ton left over. Tough sone of a b****.

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I've only owned one Dodge in my life, '76 pickup with a 318. Big and boxey with a ton of room under the hood. Buddies used to raz me that they left all that room for the amount of batteries you'd need to stack up to start that b**** in the winter. They were right, it was a cold blooded stubborn bastard when the temps dropped. Ran like a top once you got it started though.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I’ve always wanted that black Warlock in 3rd pic. Probably do a 12v swap with stacks and 4x4 tucked quitely under. Power Wagons are bad ass, you don’t see them anymore.
Doubt that I’ll ever get to do that cool stuff again
One of my cousins rented a house shortly after he got hitched. We all used to get together for "card games" (IE-playing cards until we got s***faced, then heading 1/4 mile up the road to explore an old abandoned mine w/about 50 yards of water at the entrance at 2am). When his
misses worked the next day, we would head to the basement (apparently, we were loud). 1st time we were down there he mentioned some old "junk" belonging to the landlords son.

Looked at this junk. Among it was a set of pristine Warlock II sideboards. Turns out they were huge Mopar nuts!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!