H.F.A.W.H.A. meeting

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
It never fails!!
View attachment 90778

So I had a little gear oil seep and figured I’d change the crush washers and change the diff fluid before a ride this weekend.. sure enough the damn drain bolt head twists off just as I’m starting to apply pressure to seat it. Luckily, the threads were good and I could put pressure on the head and got it to back out enough to get a set of needle nosed on it. Note to self.... when changing the diff fluid replace washers and bolts everytime! It’s worth the 5 dollars extra as now I have to run and hour up the road to get a drain bolt for a last minute fix! View attachment 90779
You ham fisted goober , Your not supposed to use a 24’ crescent wrench on those little bolts.;) Jeez.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You ham fisted goober , Your not supposed to use a 24’ crescent wrench on those little bolts.;) Jeez.
See that middle image? Look at the resemblance. There’s the problem.

A5621169 9B0E 45FD 8CE5 06D7D18A25F3

Last edited:
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
It never fails!!
View attachment 90778

So I had a little gear oil seep and figured I’d change the crush washers and change the diff fluid before a ride this weekend.. sure enough the damn drain bolt head twists off just as I’m starting to apply pressure to seat it. Luckily, the threads were good and I could put pressure on the head and got it to back out enough to get a set of needle nosed on it. Note to self.... when changing the diff fluid replace washers and bolts everytime! It’s worth the 5 dollars extra as now I have to run and hour up the road to get a drain bolt for a last minute fix! View attachment 90779
TTH+2.5 (tighter than hell + plus 2.5 turns) is my motto.
See the big inspection cap you've got laying there? I've broken one of those before...

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Then you must be one more to the left in that chart:)
I have the back hair to prove it.
Yeah.. I’ve twisted off some large bolts in my day. But this little bastard must have just been hanging by a thread. At least it was putting it in so there wasn’t oil pouring out as I extracted it.
Honda...for all their quality, uses some really s***ty fasteners. Even on the cars. Raise the hood on a older model and and at least 1 cam cover stud will be missing and broken.

advertisement
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!