H.F.A.W.H.A. meeting

J

JTW

A47144FE B4AE 4C40 9909 A192E0F7EB6B

J

JTW

Look at this little beauty!

74E697C6 43EB 4EEE 96A5 B7C3604AD7FE

Went to change the oil on the wife’s Yukon for the first time and was pleasantly surprised to find this setup! Best setup I’ve ever seen... they should all be this easy!

Buuuuut that engineering common sense was lost on the head lights. The whole headlight assembly must be removed to replace any of the bulbs. And it doesn’t just slip out either. I was an hour plus just to swap to two LED head light bulbs!

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 97438

Went to change the oil on the wife’s Yukon for the first time and was pleasantly surprised to find this setup! Best setup I’ve ever seen... they should all be this easy!

Buuuuut that engineering common sense was lost on the head lights. The whole headlight assembly must be removed to replace any of the bulbs. And it doesn’t just slip out either. I was an hour plus just to swap to two LED head light bulbs!

If you are going to continue to service the truck yourself. Grab a fumoto valve for the drain. No tools required to change the oil except a filter wrench.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2

View attachment 97438

They get rid of the pin setup they used for years on the headlights?

GM generally keeps things pretty simple, but occasionally they really throw a turd in the pool. 1st Gen Colorado's come to mind.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!