Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is this some of your work @Plumber32 A56ae726fb91abdc3aefe38ef3262510

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

J

JTW

Ok.. so the tire mounting didn’t go as planned. I had looked it all over and had a good plan of attack.. I ordered some tire spoons and bought some bead sealer and valve stems and dish soap. Well, apparently I had a brain fart. I was tired and about half sick and when to mounting the tires on the rims one night. Got them all on and realized. “You dumbass!!” I used my fancy new spoons to mount the tire like a normal wheel. I didn’t realize until I had finished all 4 and picked up the bead ring that it dawned on me what I had done. So I called it quits that night and finished them last night by adding the rings and torqued them down. I didn’t however add any antisieze like I had planned but I’ll go back and add some tonight one by one so I can save myself some torquing.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok.. so the tire mounting didn’t go as planned. I had looked it all over and had a good plan of attack.. I ordered some tire spoons and bought some bead sealer and valve stems and dish soap. Well, apparently I had a brain fart. I was tired and about half sick and when to mounting the tires on the rims one night. Got them all on and realized. “You dumbass!!” I used my fancy new spoons to mount the tire like a normal wheel. I didn’t realize until I had finished all 4 and picked up the bead ring that it dawned on me what I had done. So I called it quits that night and finished them last night by adding the rings and torqued them down. I didn’t however add any antisieze like I had planned but I’ll go back and add some tonight one by one so I can save myself some torquing.
Bahahahahahaha!!!! Im sorry..id be pissed too

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
We all have those...thats about how long it has taken me to do mine.
I have given up on anything holding air, other than my wife, yea, yea! You can't hold me hostage over that statement, a lot of friends have tried, issue is I have already had the conversation/battle with her on all fronts and DAM she win's most of them! HA! You will have to subscribe to [email protected] To find the rest

Reactions: Plumber32
advertisement
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know this should go on the other thread but it sounds like someone we all know. Give a listen and guess who...

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
U coming to takeover
I’ve been hating someone asking me this. Not this year but absolutely next! It was a lot but well worth it for what we came out of it with. Been a long road that’s slowly smoothing out and I can’t wait wait to ride with our friends again it’s killing me but it was never about the destination or terrain it was about the experience and friendships.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Ya well f***. Sure wish I was back on the trails with you and a few others Ang and I were just talking about that. Sure miss that. Cheers buddy!
View attachment 97715
Don’t you just love wiring, lol! It’s great that Ang is there to hook it up right for you:confused:

J

JTW

I’ve been hating someone asking me this. Not this year but absolutely next! It was a lot but well worth it for what we came out of it with. Been a long road that’s slowly smoothing out and I can’t wait wait to ride with our friends again it’s killing me but it was never about the destination or terrain it was about the experience and friendships.
It’s not about the destination... it’s about the journey!! ~ The @Kilo427

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol.. just a dumbass moment and I wasn’t thinking. Everything went smooth last night. Took about 30 minutes per wheel to set the ring and bead.
If it makes you feel any better, I went riding the other day with my brother and noticed my whip lights quit working, I thought oh well I'll figure it out later. I got home and checked the wires and some how or another when I ran the wires I litteraly looped it around the drive shaft some how. I guess I wasn't paying any attention, couldn't see, tired, or beer, don't know probably all three. Luckily when it ripped the wire out it didn't rip out the whole entire switch panel. Lol. Something I learned from all this is when you have extra slack in your wires under the hood don't bundle them up all together and put big zip ties around all of them. If you snag one wire it might pull all of them out all together.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!