Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Ran across this posted by Honda Manufacturing of SC. Very cool option allowing those with greater accessibility to riding off road.

Screenshot 20191014 190434 Facebook

R

red124

Sep 7, 2018
MN
Was that a facebook post? Do you have a direct link. It would be nice to know the cost of them.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Was that a facebook post? Do you have a direct link. It would be nice to know the cost of them.

No additional information about it was in the post. Everything you see in the above picture was the complete post. I'm sure a quick GOOGLE search will help with more information about the products.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
That would probably be cool out in the dunes, but I can't imagine it being very practical on the trails. Really cool that Honda is promoting it though as any time you can get someone in that situation back out enjoying motorsport and actually participating is awesome.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
It looks like you can only operate the brake or the throttle while still maintaining control of the steering wheel. I'd like to see what other gadgets they've got on Savage's Talon since he's got an in with Honda. I remember when he crashed, was out riding or training with Roczen I think?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
It looks like you can only operate the brake or the throttle while still maintaining control of the steering wheel. I'd like to see what other gadgets they've got on Savage's Talon since he's got an in with Honda. I remember when he crashed, was out riding or training with Roczen I think?
I think it would be awesome to re-engineer ala Honda Oddessey/ Pilot yoke with 180 degrees lock to lock steering with accelerator trigger on right and brake trigger on left sides of the yoke. Could maintain full control and never take hand off while in motion.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I think it would be awesome to re-engineer ala Honda Oddessey/ Pilot yoke with 180 degrees lock to lock steering with accelerator trigger on right and brake trigger on left sides of the yoke. Could maintain full control and never take hand off while in motion.
My dad bought one of those when I was younger because I couldn't work a clutch lever on an ATV/dirt bike. Rode the hell out of that Odyssey! I remember the seat mounts rusting away and him not being able to find another seat so he welded on some brackets and a bass boat seat. He had it setup with the brake and throttle levers on the right side of the yoke so I could operate both. I think he eventually rigged up a foot brake. That was a really fun machine and it eventually rusted away to nothing.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
R

red124

Sep 7, 2018
MN
Yes you primarily need one hand on the brake/throttle lever and one on the steering wheel but depending on the dexterity of your hand you can use your thumb from the hand on the brake/throttle lever to hold the steering wheel and even turn it a bit. Freeing up the other hand to push a button or two. Got to love power steering. I had the same setup in two can ams and never had a problem driving fast and stupid down the trails. I was even able to drive more aggressive after putting Simpson suspension race seats in it. You would never know I was driving with hand controls unless you looked inside.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Yes you primarily need one hand on the brake/throttle lever and one on the steering wheel but depending on the dexterity of your hand you can use your thumb from the hand on the brake/throttle lever to hold the steering wheel and even turn it a bit. Freeing up the other hand to push a button or two. Got to love power steering. I had the same setup in two can ams and never had a problem driving fast and stupid down the trails. I was even able to drive more aggressive after putting Simpson suspension race seats in it. You would never know I was driving with hand controls unless you looked inside.
That's awesome!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!