urbancoyboyja

Buckle Up, I Want To Try Something...
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2017
WV, USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here's mine with the KFI mount. No major issues. I like how this bracket mounts to the diff and bumper mount bolts. The EMP has the clamp brackets and U bolts. I think the KFI is stronger. Anyway, the only issue I had was the roller fairlead that comes with the Badland. The bolt pattern is 6 1/2" wide and the hole pattern on the bumper is 6" I just drilled 4 new holes in both. I thought with the cable angle the 4 holes would be better. F1a0e092210acb0b3ae09885235546aa85785185d5666726e98c47d544aba807

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

J

Jimmy-AZ

Lifetime Member
May 9, 2017
Gold Canyon, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here's mine with the KFI mount. No major issues. I like how this bracket mounts to the diff and bumper mount bolts. The EMP has the clamp brackets and U bolts. I think the KFI is stronger. Anyway, the only issue I had was the roller fairlead that comes with the Badland. The bolt pattern is 6 1/2" wide and the hole pattern on the bumper is 6" I just drilled 4 new holes in both. I thought with the cable angle the 4 holes would be better. View attachment 46254View attachment 46255

Great job urbancoyboyja, that is what I needed to know. 1, that the 5000 would fit inside the brush/bumper... 2, that the kfi mounting plate fit and mounted firmly and 3, drilling four new holes for the rollerfeed was not a big deal and looks great.

urbancoyboyja

urbancoyboyja

Buckle Up, I Want To Try Something...
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2017
WV, USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So this happened..... Maybe my worst stuck in 30 years of riding. I had a guy in an arctic cat wild cat pull around in front of me and book on. Without any tow hooks we spoiled out his winch and I left mine all the way in. He tightened up on it and my cable broke about a foot from the hook just where it rolled off the drum. I talked to harbor freight and they said to bring it in and they'd exchange it, give me a new one. I asked about the wiring and they said they would just remove the wiring from the new box. I decided not to do that. I ordered a synthetic rope kit from Amazon. When I removed the cable, I found two bad places in it. I think I just got one with a bad cable.477c5c6139a9e532febc986b33ebcc0e

DanDan

DanDan

Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2018
Greenville, tejas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great job urbancoyboyja, that is what I needed to know. 1, that the 5000 would fit inside the brush/bumper... 2, that the kfi mounting plate fit and mounted firmly and 3, drilling four new holes for the rollerfeed was not a big deal and looks great.[/QUOTE
When ordering your mount kit directly from KFI, they also offer the correct fairling with the correct bolt spacing so you don't have to drill new holes for the fairling that comes with the HF wench. But, apparently drilling new holes is no problem either. I'm using the 5000 Badland without problems.

***not sure of the correct term for the roller gizmo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mudwing
Diverguy

Diverguy

Oct 8, 2018
PA, USA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have the HF 5000# on my 700-4. I just put it on in January, so I haven't had to use it yet. I put the plug for the wired remote in my switch panel, and also put a rocker switch in for it. I also got the wireless remote to go with it. I used the KFI mount, and my roller fairlead bolted right up

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Had 2500, 3500 and 12000. All work fine. 2500 with wireless remote on front of tractor and atv for utility work to lasso tree limbs, can carry/reverse drag much more that way. 3500 on P500. 12000 with rear hitch mount when pulling big stuff down around property. Use snatch block on heavy pulls to lessen stress on motors.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!