P1000 Hard mid panel install

brennen

brennen

Mar 23, 2021
michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just got the hard mid panel and I can not get the two clamps done. I have my Honda hard roof lifted out the way. Looking for some pointer before I just return it for the soft mid panel. Is there somewhere that needs trimmed. Not sure what I’m doing wrong

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Just got the hard mid panel and I can not get the two clamps done. I have my Honda hard roof lifted out the way. Looking for some pointer before I just return it for the soft mid panel. Is there somewhere that needs trimmed. Not sure what I’m doing wrong
Did u download the instructions, or just winging it? Not trying to diminish you here.

Reactions: Smitty335 and EMAW
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have the instructions. It hits pretty hard in the top corners of each side where the roof frame has the angle piece attached
Good, sometimes the distructions have a trick hidden lol.
my experience with the clamps on the windows And other accessories is that u have to loosen up the lowers to almost a disconnect, get the uppers on and slightly threaded then work your way around till there all tight. Bottom line is all those OEM accessories are a very tight fit. Just need to improvise, adapt and overcome!

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Do you have all three of the tabs at the bottom inserted behind the metal framing?

Last edited:
brennen

brennen

Mar 23, 2021
michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@brennen how did it go, any luck?
It’s installed. If you can tell from the picture where it isn’t wide enough to cover the outside. These are the corners I wasn’t able to use the rubber seal given either. The opposite side is just barely covering the corner. Also wasn’t able to clip on of the roof mounts back up.
but for the most part it’s Installed

8DE26A3E 906D 4385 8940 449FED5A026B

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
It’s installed. If you can tell from the picture where it isn’t wide enough to cover the outside. These are the corners I wasn’t able to use the rubber seal given either. The opposite side is just barely covering the corner. Also wasn’t able to clip on of the roof mounts back up.
but for the most part it’s Installed

View attachment 363874

Can't tell much from that photo.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I have the instructions. It hits pretty hard in the top corners of each side where the roof frame has the angle piece attached
If the clamps are upside down in throws it off by about 1/2" I ran a hard mid panel for 5 years took it in and out every summer / winter. I always just put the center piece in, then installed the two triangle wings on the sides after the main part was set, since it only took 6 fender clips on each side to secure them.

brennen

brennen

Mar 23, 2021
michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If the clamps are upside down in throws it off by about 1/2" I ran a hard mid panel for 5 years took it in and out every summer / winter. I always just put the center piece in, then installed the two triangle wings on the sides after the main part was set, since it only took 6 fender clips on each side to secure them.
Did you need to do anything with your roof every time you installed and took it out?

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!