P1000 Hard Mid/Rear panel

D

DonDittmar

Nov 16, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking to upgrade from the fabric mid/rear panel to the one with the sliding window. The fabric one on there now was dealer installed when I bought the machine new, it is the genuine Honda one. It was down when the dealer delivered the machine. I opened it up that first day and tied it up. That was the last time the zipper functioned, has not been right since.

So with that said I am seeing mixed reviews on the hard mid/rear panel. Does the dump box just "rub" when you dump or is it non functional? For those that have it do you like it or should I gamble with another fabric one??

My machine is a 2020 P1000-5 delux

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome fellow Big Gretch Sufferer.

Theres nothing wrong with the fabric mid panel. Ive had on on my rig since 16’ all you need to do is spray some silicone on the zipper every once and a while and your good. There easy to remove and reinstall if you need to. The mid panel is heavy and you cant just remove it easily if u want. Also the sider dosnt give u as much air flow into the hot cab that the fabric one will. This is just MO owning a fabric and riding in some with hard mid panels plus having the same thought as u at one time.

Now to business…
You haven't provided pics or Much info about your machine since u joined besides it being a 20’ P1K5 deluxe. Its Rule #4 miles, mods etc.
Pics Or It Didnt Happen! 😉

D

DonDittmar

Nov 16, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
LOL. I will try to get some pictures. Its in storage now. Being from the salt belt, I don't drive mine much in the winter so its actually in storage. I have added the winch, a set of speakers at the girlfriends request, and I just ordered the turn signal kit from the club store.

D

DonDittmar

Nov 16, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The zipper on mine is shot. It was hard to zip/unzip from day 1 and since the the zipper has "jumped track" and I am no longer in the mood to mess with it so its coming off. I pretty upset at the fact that this is a genuine Honda accessory and it didnt last but 1 zip. The question weighing on my mind now is no panel, another fabric panel, or bite the bullet on the hard panel.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I pretty upset at the fact that this is a genuine Honda accessory
There actually not made by Honda. So dont be mad at Honda.
if it was bad from day 1 and the sreelership put it on, blame them. They should have noticed the issue and got u a new one unless they Fuced it up on install. Still should have done it imo. Who was your Steelership in question?
The question weighing on my mind now is no panel, another fabric panel, or bite the bullet on the hard panel.
Thats for you to decide. Again I would refer you to my first response on post #2 or use the search up top to find other experiences. Weve discussed alot on this forum.

Pro tip: just the tip (NoHomo 🥳)
When u reply to someones question, hit the “reply” then answer otherwise in most cases people wont get a notice to come back to your post to read the response😉

Wisco-Tango

Wisco-Tango

Aug 1, 2022
Fisk, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So with that said I am seeing mixed reviews on the hard mid/rear panel. Does the dump box just "rub" when you dump or is it non functional? For those that have it do you like it or should I gamble with another fabric one??

My machine is a 2020 P1000-5 deluxe
I was interested in the same thing and checked out a 1000-6 at my dealer with the hard mid/rear panel. The box doesn't rub at all on the hard panel. If it does then you have a different issue (not installed right etc.) as it cleared just fine on that unit.

Reactions: Rayger143
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I was interested in the same thing and checked out a 1000-6 at my dealer with the hard mid/rear panel. The box doesn't rub at all on the hard panel. If it does then you have a different issue (not installed right etc.) as it cleared just fine on that unit.
Being they should be close, but that is on a 6 not a 5

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I do. When I say storage I mean its buried in my pole building along with all of my other "stuff" lol
Ok good deal. Might want to specify next time or u leave it wide open for suggestions! 😂 Just givin u $hit.

Where bouts u located In the Big Gretch State and ride?

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
N.E. Lower. About an 60 miles southeast of the bridge
Is that the area u ride?
I have a cabin in the Gaylord area. I ride that area, Atlanta, Grayling alot

Reactions: Smitty335
NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking to upgrade from the fabric mid/rear panel to the one with the sliding window. The fabric one on there now was dealer installed when I bought the machine new, it is the genuine Honda one. It was down when the dealer delivered the machine. I opened it up that first day and tied it up. That was the last time the zipper functioned, has not been right since.

My machine is a 2020 P1000-5 delux
I have the hard mid-panel on my '22 trail 5seater, The box rubs on the mid-panel a little, but it still dumps fine. I have a soft rear panel, The one zipper lasted all of 2 weeks. In the spring I'll bring it to the boat shop and get them to sew in a REAL zipper

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!