P1000 Has any dealers received delivery of a Pioneer 1000 yet?

itsleo

itsleo

Apr 25, 2015
Palm Bay, Florida
I did not go due to your warning and the fact that Okeechobee is so much closer for me with a great test area. The price quoted was MSRP, $620 for ex warranty etc...
If you don't mind let me know your out the door price when you buy 1 from them. I would have a problem going to them for a better deal. Thanks

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well the wait was worth it. Better than I expected. When I was picking mine up last night my dealer pulled the notes on our first conversation about buying the P1K in June. At that time, the 1000 was just rumors without any real detail, now I'm driving one. I didn't get enough seat time last night to describe or review it yet but it's way quicker than I would have thought. I love the tranny, I can be putting around quietly and slowly and tromp on it and break the tires free and fly. I can feel the shifts but they are timed very well and seem very efficient even in standard AT mode. The power steering is not auto quality but it's still great. One thing also I was concerned about was the back seat space. Well either the 1000's are bigger or maybe I didn't get enough time in the 700 rear seat, but they are quite comfortable and have more room than I remember. I'm really happy I got the 5. My wife and I ride and she slides to the middle and buckles up, just like when we were dating and riding in my pickup. Plenty of room and comfort. Although I got it home at almost dark last night I still managed to get it out and muddy. Couldn't help but wash it before putting it to bed. Glad it's Friday, I can ride all weekend.

brock

brock

Feb 3, 2014
Arkansas
Well the wait was worth it. Better than I expected. When I was picking mine up last night my dealer pulled the notes on our first conversation about buying the P1K in June. At that time, the 1000 was just rumors without any real detail, now I'm driving one. I didn't get enough seat time last night to describe or review it yet but it's way quicker than I would have thought. I love the tranny, I can be putting around quietly and slowly and tromp on it and break the tires free and fly. I can feel the shifts but they are timed very well and seem very efficient even in standard AT mode. The power steering is not auto quality but it's still great. One thing also I was concerned about was the back seat space. Well either the 1000's are bigger or maybe I didn't get enough time in the 700 rear seat, but they are quite comfortable and have more room than I remember. I'm really happy I got the 5. My wife and I ride and she slides to the middle and buckles up, just like when we were dating and riding in my pickup. Plenty of room and comfort. Although I got it home at almost dark last night I still managed to get it out and muddy. Couldn't help but wash it before putting it to bed. Glad it's Friday, I can ride all weekend.
Glad you got yours! Im still waiting. I put my deposit down in early August and have been delayed twice now. I expected to have it by now as my dealer is a level 5 powerhouse here in good ole arkansas. Oh well tick tock. Congrats to you Ned!

brock

brock

Feb 3, 2014
Arkansas
By the way do your doors have the sagging issues?

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
By the way do your doors have the sagging issues?
Yes, the passenger side does sag a bit. Driver side and rears are good. I got it home right a dark and I haven't had enough time to look it over but it seems that at the hinge it just has too much play. Once I get a good look at it this weekend and see just how the doors actually go on I will have a better handle on why and notify my dealer.

brock

brock

Feb 3, 2014
Arkansas
Yes, the passenger side does sag a bit. Driver side and rears are good. I got it home right a dark and I haven't had enough time to look it over but it seems that at the hinge it just has too much play. Once I get a good look at it this weekend and see just how the doors actually go on I will have a better handle on why and notify my dealer.
My 700-4 had to go back when i bought it. The left rear door would rub the roll bar slightly when opening it. I guess everything has some kind of issue. Let us know how the weeking ride goes and take some pics!!!!!

A

Andy

Sep 28, 2015
Here is my GO PRO first ride in my P1000-5 that I got today. It sounds a lot better than it does in the video. Very smooth and fast. I did notice that a lot of heat blows/comes out of the shift lever area. But it was 85 degrees out and it wasn't that big of a deal. It sounds like a street bike when it's idling.

brock

brock

Feb 3, 2014
Arkansas
Here is my GO PRO first ride in my P1000-5 that I got today. It sounds a lot better than it does in the video. Very smooth and fast. I did notice that a lot of heat blows/comes out of the shift lever area. But it was 85 degrees out and it wasn't that big of a deal. It sounds like a street bike when it's idling.

Awesome video! Looks like it handles good

HivoltageHonda

HivoltageHonda

Aug 6, 2015
Hernando, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dang I was hoping to not have a lot of engine heat. I've came from a commander and you can't hardly ride it in the summer it's so hot.

advertisement
LaVell

LaVell

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Opp, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

What is that loud whinning sound?

HivoltageHonda

HivoltageHonda

Aug 6, 2015
Hernando, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry to get off subject , but with both rear seats up do you have any cargo room in the back of the bed still?

W

WFM

Jun 20, 2015
Maine
Cool video ...Thanks for posting it.....I did read on another forum from one guy who tried one out and had owned the Polaris Ranger 800 which had the entire motor and header under the front seat and after 30 minutes of riding your ass was cooked well done....he posted that after looking at the location of seat...motor...and exhaust...He prayed for no heat heat issues like with the 800 Ranger. I haven't seen one in person to know if the Pioneer has the potential for this problem.

ButchersHook

ButchersHook

May 13, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Seems the dealers in the South are the first to get them, (last fri the 16th). Mine was due on the 26th then got bumped up to the 20th, then he was hoping the weekend. Still nothing, I am in WI I see dealers in Nebraska and St.Louis have gotten some. They are slowly heading north. I just waved goodbye to my 700-4 as a guy from Iowa loaded it up and took it away. Seem the Midwest is last in line.

Yeldarb

Yeldarb

Sep 23, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My dealer in Mesa, AZ (Phoenix) received 2 red P1000-5's. Waiting on the white with expected delivery mid Nov

Reactions: meatman
advertisement