P1000 Has anyone ever taken the rear seats out to lighten the load?

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I hate my rear seats and the heat is unbearable for passengers; I do however like the roof and roll cage. I was thinking about taking out all the seat stuff and just leaving the floor in place? Any thoughts?

Reactions: BWAF and sharp
D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Without the rear seats the bed will have a hole in it where the footwells are. If I was you I’d just throw a bed liner back there and forget about the seats. Or maybe someone here that’s more knowledgeable than me can tell you if it’s possible to swap the bed from a 1000-3 onto the 1000-5.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I hate my rear seats and the heat is unbearable for passengers; I do however like the roof and roll cage. I was thinking about taking out all the seat stuff and just leaving the floor in place? Any thoughts?
@joeymt33 did. For one of our rides. I'm sure he will chime in.

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The rear seats are very heavy and that’s the reason I take them out. They come out with just two bolts plus the hydraulic cylinder needs to be snapped off.

There are no holes left unless you remove the rear floorboard

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The rear seats are very heavy and that’s the reason I take them out. They come out with just two bolts plus the hydraulic cylinder needs to be snapped off.

There are no holes left unless you remove the rear floorboard
Thats what I was planning on doing, leave the floor in and remove the rattling seats.

You can't change the bed because the 5 seater has the full roll bar in back therefore a smaller bed.

I think I'll gain some storage room with the seats out, I like to keep straps and chains in the floor board area.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine have been removed for couple years now. Never used them and got tired of the extra cleanup

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
J

JTW

Mine have been removed for couple years now. Never used them and got tired of the extra cleanup
I don’t think he’s talking about just the pads... @joeymt33 removed the hole thing including what would be the floor of the bed when the seats are laid down.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I don’t think he’s talking about just the pads... @joeymt33 removed the hole thing including what would be the floor of the bed when the seats are laid down.

That’s correct, I place my cooler there to sit lower and other heavy items I will put down in the floorboard.

advertisement
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hmmm....i mustve missed that somehow. Ill have to check that out

It’s just two bolts with a 12 mm socket. You could literally pull the whole thing out in less than a minute. I took out the hydraulic cylinder and left it out which makes it a lot faster each time I put them in or take them out.

It’s actually easier to take out the whole seat back compared to just removing the cushions

J

JTW

It’s just two bolts with a 12 mm socket. You could literally pull the whole thing out in less than a minute. I took out the hydraulic cylinder and left it out which makes it a lot faster each time I put them in or take them out.

It’s actually easier to take out the whole seat back compared to just removing the cushions
Leaving the piston out is a good idea...

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

It's interesting. How would you haul deer then? Piece of plywood?

Are there pics here?

Reactions: sharp, JTW and BWAF
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It's interesting. How would you haul deer then? Piece of plywood?

Are there pics here?

I would haul deer or I do haul deer with the three seater that we have. But the rear seats can go back in about three minutes so you can haul anything you need.

Not a good picture of the bed but this was from today so it’s in my recent photos
859b25b40e70da5313894a7677e98a71

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice! Thanks.

Can I get a link or line on those tie downs? We talked about them at the Overland Adventure '17, but the ones I found didn't work.

Reactions: sharp, JTW and BWAF
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!