P1000 Has anyone seen this?

D

DDDonkey

I am wanting to get a bed extender for this summer and was dead set on the JEI but then I saw this and it should be out this Spring. I like the idea of it folding up for travel or when not in use, and thoughts on it. My only worry is how sturdy it will be, I don't have a spare tire and am only looking to carry a cooler with me. The JEI one is very sturdy looking and American Made.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Look deep and hard at fellow forum member @Moses and his brick city fab creations. The price might be a little higher, but he is one of us. The JEI is meh in my opinion.
I am just not a fan of losing so much bed space when it is not in use.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I guess I should have watched the Seizmic video. Those intrigue me. not losing much bed space has my attention for sure.

Reactions: Rincon
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I like it folds up behind the seat so you still have full access to your seats when the tailgate shut that’s a good design. Doesn’t seem to rattle which is a positive

Reactions: Rincon
sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Man!! That is great. The JEI is awesome. Sturdy and I don't have any rattle.

Might have to sell mine once this one is out!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm still not convinced I want weight hanging off the back of a machine with an already high rear weight bias. It also looks too much like a science project to install to be convenient

Reactions: JTW
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
I am wanting to get a bed extender for this summer and was dead set on the JEI but then I saw this and it should be out this Spring. I like the idea of it folding up for travel or when not in use, and thoughts on it. My only worry is how sturdy it will be, I don't have a spare tire and am only looking to carry a cooler with me. The JEI one is very sturdy looking and American Made.
Wow that thing is cool! What a great idea...

J

JTW

I'm still not convinced I want weight hanging off the back of a machine with an already high rear weight bias. It also looks too much like a science project to install to be convenient
It could use a little finish work...

advertisement
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It could use a little finish work...
It's similar to the idea Ford had with the factory bed extender on the f-150. It's a folding clap trap piece of junk too.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!