P500 Has anyone trailered a 500 backwards with a soft back window?

83501Bill

Apr 17, 2016
idaho
Just wondering if I should remove it first. That could be a pain. I am going to load it in the back of my Tundra Crew cab, only a 5.5 foot bed. with ramps it will be at the end of the tailgate. I am worried that with the winch I may need to load it backwards. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks
Bill

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Just wondering if I should remove it first. That could be a pain. I am going to load it in the back of my Tundra Crew cab, only a 5.5 foot bed. with ramps it will be at the end of the tailgate. I am worried that with the winch I may need to load it backwards. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks
Bill
Yes, when I get back off the road, I'll post a picture of the damage I did to the bed of my truck below the back window. Back your P-5 in, the tires are the first thing to make contact with the bed, ratchet it down tight and you'll have no problems. As to the soft back window, you'll likely damage it. If nothing else it will be covered in splattered bugs. I would recommend that you take a piece of 1/4" plywood and drill a couple holes in it on each side and zip tie it to the cage over your soft back. It will then take the abuse and you can store it for that continued purpose.

A

AZMountainRider

Thanks
Bill
I have a home made roof, front lexan windshield and the Honda soft plastic rear window. I load it backwards on the trailer and when I put it in the truck bed. I just zip open the plastic rear window and put my windshield down. I have not had any issues and like Bill said, rear tires hit back of bed first instead of bumper or winch.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I have a home made roof, front lexan windshield and the Honda soft plastic rear window. I load it backwards on the trailer and when I put it in the truck bed. I just zip open the plastic rear window and put my windshield down. I have not had any issues and like Bill said, rear tires hit back of bed first instead of bumper or winch.

Roll it up...bungee down
no other option...
IMO

S

Stonewall

May 22, 2018
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

Thanks
Bill
I been trailering mine backwards for three deer seasons with a soft back window because I put soft doors on in the late fall and it keeps them from blowing off, but I also bungee them on just in case. there hasn't been any damage to my back window they are tougher than they look.

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
I bought a Honda towable cover for mine as i destroyed a home made soft rear window and lost a door(bungeed as well) towing backwards. Found the door and now have a Tusk soft rear window. To prevent this i got the trailer able cover.

O

Oregonkirk

Dec 24, 2017
John Day, Oregon
Ownership

1. 500
I haul mine loaded in backward. I roll up the back window and no problems so far.
2017 12 26 151856

Reactions: Gassygordo
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I haul mine loaded in backward. I roll up the back window and no problems so far.View attachment 76615
Nice truck! I have the same one, same color in a CrewMax :)

Maybe I'm anal....... I pulled both the windshield & rear window when I towed my Donkey.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I rolled it up and the windshield down the day I picked it up. I have an 8’ bed tho. Drove it 200 miles no problems but bugs on the window.
BD880077 FC2D 41CB 89DB CCD3640CD897

Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!