P500 Hauling Help

hambone

hambone

Mar 14, 2015
Southeast Indiana
Look here. TNTTT.com TEARDROPS N TINY TRAILERS

There is a subforum about making your own trailers from enclosed trailers, been looking at making a toyhauler for about 10-15 k with all new parts. Instead of $60k plus for one with a garage the size I want AND $60k for an F450 to pull it.
Well I just bought this camper in the fall. So I am stuck with it for a while.

Reactions: ohanacreek
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Well I just bought this camper in the fall. So I am stuck with it for a while.
I'll be interested in seeing how you remedy your hauling dilemma. Good luck buddy.

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
Is it too late to get an 8ft bed on your new truck :) Seems like that would be alot easier!

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
ey guys,
Looks like I will be getting a new truck. New one will be 6 ft 4 bed instead of 8 ft
I know Pioneer will fit but would like ideas how to do that and pull my 24th bumper pull camper. So what about hitch exteensions? Put hitch on back of camper and pull doubles?

Extend the trailer tongue. Hitch extensions put a lot more stress on the receiver and put the tongue weight farther back, which affects your steering. Doubles aren't legal in all states and I believe the lead trailer has to be a 5th wheel.

K

Kirkl

Jul 13, 2015
E. WA
I still cant close the tailgate on my 8ft bed dodge with my 500 in but all the tires sit on the bed, not on the tailgate so i can still take the tailgate off and just strap it in good when I pull my trailer.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use a 24" extension all the time. My truck camper requires me to leave the gate down. I haul a 14' enclosed trailer with the pioneer and all my stuff.

Reactions: hambone
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Extend the trailer tongue. Hitch extensions put a lot more stress on the receiver and put the tongue weight farther back, which affects your steering. Doubles aren't legal in all states and I believe the lead trailer has to be a 5th wheel.
.....you also lose a 1/3 of your tongue weight

32bantam

32bantam

Feb 15, 2016
Staunton IL
I don't think that will work, that Can would be right up against the front of a camper trailer.

If that's a 4 door truck, it's a really short bed. The Can-am has a lot more hang over on the rear than the Honda. I've been thinking about this and I would make the extensions straight off the bed instead of angled like his.

Reactions: Montecresto
hambone

hambone

Mar 14, 2015
Southeast Indiana
I will check on that 5th wheel pulling double thing. Thanks!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!