P500 Hauling the P500

NPN

NPN

Mar 30, 2017
Manitoba
Ownership

1. 500
Looks a bit awkward but no problem in the back of my 2015 Nissan Frontier. I experimented with a couple of plywood wheel stops to save the truck window. The tailgate is not bearing any weight. The plywood sits on box about 6 inches so the rear weight is borne by the box and hitch. It was definitely too heavy for the tailgate alone...a few bumps would have dented the outer skin.
Be careful if using a tie down strap above the muffler. There are a few sharp edges that trashed my new strap in half an hour of driving.
160 km's. Shifting much smoother with the first oil change. Rear diff still noisier than I like but we'll see. So much fun!

IMG 3224 IMG 3225 IMG 3226 IMG 3227

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for sharing this, I am pondering a Frontier to tow behind my motorhome...with the P5 in the back. I prefer to back mine in though because with 30" tires they hit the back wall of the bed before anything hard does and it keeps 100 pounds off the tailgate and centers the weight more...now if I could only find a nice aluminum flat bed kit for one :)

Last edited:
NPN

NPN

Mar 30, 2017
Manitoba
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for sharing this, I am pondering a Frontier to tow behind my motorhome...with the P5 in the back. I prefer to back mine in though because with 30" tires they hit the back wall of the bed before anything hard does and it keeps 100 pounds off the tailgate and centers the weight more...now if I could only find a nice aluminum flat bed kit for one :)
I haven't tried hauling it backwards. I don't know if it would have windshield issues at 100km/hr going backwards.
Maybe others have done it?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!